Promise no troll just info

txswinner

Banned
Some info on how to help from hospital my wife nurses at:<br /><br />Hurricane Relief Efforts <br />Our hospital has received information that thousands of hospitalized patients<br />will be evacuated from the areas of Louisiana and Alabama hit by the<br />hurricane. Relief officials are contacting hospitals in East Texas asking<br />how many beds they might have available for transfer patients. <br />Although St. Joseph has not yet been officially contacted, it is possible<br />that we would be asked to take evacuated hospital patients. Guided by our<br />mission, and based on available beds, should we be asked to help SJRHC would<br />do so. We will keep up with staffing issues as we assess the number of beds<br />we have available and will keep you informed about possible transfers.<br />Many of the St. Joseph Team Members have asked how they can provide<br />assistance for those affected by the hurricane. We have attached a number of<br />options available to Team Members who wish to help out. Among the many<br />things each person could do, we would encourage you to include the victims,<br />families and rescuers in your prayers.<br />Donate Blood<br />There is a large demand for blood, and our blood supply centers are<br />providing additional blood products to the hurricane area. Because of that<br />effort, blood supplies to SJRHC are very limited. Complicating the issue, we<br />are coming into a holiday weekend where there is traditionally a great deal<br />of travel and related accidents and trauma. We would encourage Team Members,<br />their families and community members to give blood as soon as possible. The<br />American Red Cross has a collection station in our community.<br />Donate to an Approved Relief Agency<br />Donate Items: Hurricane evacuee are being sheltered in our community at the<br />Lincoln Center, Community Center, and Central Baptist Church. Donations of<br />cots and bedding are needed at Central Baptist. There will be ongoing needs<br />for the evacuees as the longer they remain in town . The State of Texas has<br />a 211 help line set up for any person to call and find out how they might<br />help. Earlier today officials at the help line were still determining what<br />needs there were in the Brazos Valley. By later this afternoon you should<br />able to call 211 and find out what supplies or materials are needed in the<br />local relief effort - and where to take you donations. <br />Donate Money: Donations of money will be important in the ongoing relief<br />efforts. There are many agencies accepting donations, and a few of them are<br />listed below. If you are called to provide a gift, ask questions about the<br />agency and get confirmation that they are a legitimate group. <br />Catholic Charities USA<br />www.catholiccharitiesusa.org <http://www.catholiccharitiesusa.org> <br />(703) 549-1390<br /><br />The American Red Cross<br />www.redcross.org <http://www.redcross.org> <br />1-800-HELP NOW<br /><br />Salvation Army<br />www.salvationarmyusa.org <http://www.salvationarmyusa.org> <br />1-800-SAL-ARMY<br /><br />Feed the Children<br />www.feedthechildren.org <http://www.feedthechildren.org> <br />1-800-525-7575

D

DJ

Re: Promise no troll just info

Promise no troll just info<br />
An oxymoron.<br /><br /><br />Guffaw, laugh, snort, eeeuw. :D :D :D <br /><br /><br />You're deserving it.

Realgun

Commander

Ya think?<br /><br />I already donated today thank you.<br /><br />BYW it was Blood and Money.<br /><br />Keep your mouth shut and let them stick a needle in ya txswinner.<br /><br />I dare ya.

ebbtide176

Commander

i did give some $$$ to redcross(hurricane relief)today txs. thanx for the info. and i have helped FTC for yrs, maybe 9-10. i think americans have always been a charitable group as a whole. :)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Thanks for the info TX....lotta' folks don't know those numbers or sites. The more that do, the better the relief effort. Good post.<br /><br />OK....you can go back to trolling now.... :D :D

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Does anyone know of any volunteer lists online for shelter needs? I'm in eastern TN and realize its a good distance away from the disaster areas, but i'd be welcome to bringing a few people in need, in to use the spare rooms in my house for a few weeks/months, until they were able to get up and going again.