Promariner 1250P

alldodge

Staff member
3 Bank charger with AGM Bat's
The house Bat Bank on my old Charles charger stopped charging. Battery went bad so replaced Bat and charger at end of the season. Noticed during winterization the ACR was flashing indicating Bat fault. Boat has 1-house, 1-start and 1-Gen. Have Blue sea ACR between start and house bat, and Alternator feeds start bat only. Fuse is removed on ACR to disconnect during winter.

Connected up the Promariner 1250P and all looked good. Next day I'm hearing the fans running (not running when first installed) and made note but didn't do anything. After a few days and fans still running, the panel lights all look ok per manual, but the display was showing 0.0 for V and Amps. Contacted Promariner and they had me run thru the checks to verify unit. All check out and changed it to BC (battery charge) mode, which was (support said) better.

Next day did not hear the fans so thought its good. Couple days later I'm hearing the fans again. Contact Promariner again and send them the unit to test. They tested it and found nothing wrong, go figure. Asked what could cause it and only thing they came up with was "power may have dropped ON/OFF quick maybe". So they don't even know what can cause it. The boat is in my Barn and both the house and barn feed off the same power pole transformer. Never noticed any issue with power at the house. To note; I can turn power OFF and the breaker, wait a minute and turn back ON and it goes back to normal (shows 14V or so and 2 or so amps). Then a day of so later its back to fans running.

Bats have been disconnected from everything for about a week and all 3 show 12.9V.

Anyone else have issues with Promariner?