Proline 21 Walk Around

BLee

Recruit
Need some input from some of you guys....looking to buy a new Proline 21 walk around with a 150 yammie 4 stroker...would like to know the good and bad of this rig from anyone with Proline experience does it sound underpowered.Will be mostly using in Gulf and large lakes with no more than 3 aboard....thanks

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: Proline 21 Walk Around

Prolines are very popular in the Florida Keys & with a 21'er & 150 would be a great combo.

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Welcome to the forum. Prolines are very good boats and are popular around here for saltwater. Having lived in Arkansas, I think they'd be good on the big lakes, too.

BillP

Captain

I had an older 20' Proline with 140 Johnson 2 stroke and it had plenty of power for me. Top speed was high 30s tweaking on 40. I ran it hard in the ocean and on rivers with zero cosmetic or construction problems for about 10 yrs. The only thing I replaced was the front hatch bracket and the fuel tank vent lines. <br /><br />Proline was originally started and built by a commercial fisherman turned boat builder...most of the commercial fishermen and guides around Crystal River, Florida used them. If the new breed of Prolines are even close to the old construction it should be a winner.

kshatzer

Seaman Apprentice

I've got a 2003 22 Sport CC with a 200 Merc. I think the 150 might be a bit underpowered. It will do but I'd opt for at least a 175. Love my Pro-Line by the way. Although I'm in Dallas, went to Crystal River area to pick it up. Saved $8-9K over what I could get it in TX. If interested, post e-mail and I'll send you info.

BillP

Captain

Let me add that my 20 Pro was the older semi-vee cuddy cabin and I ran it in the ocean where 25 mph was about the limit on comfort. Suggested power on mine was 90hp to 150hp. The newer deep-vee models could use more hp.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

A good friend of mine has the 22 walk model with a 200 merc and it does about 50 mph at wot.I like his boat except for the color white that Proline makes,it looks more like blue.Charlie

tybursks

Cadet

I have a 1984 Proline walk around with a cuddy cabin when new it was equiped with a johnson 150 outboard seemed pretty good now I repowered with a 200 yamaha and it's really great and bettter on fuel

A-37

Seaman Apprentice

Tybursks,

I have a 2001 ProLine 20Walk with a 150HP Optimax DFI. I'm considering a 200HP Yamaha 4-stroker. Did your conversion require new steering and throttle controls?

I'd also need new gauges to replace my SmartCraft gauges. Might be an expensive conversion but I 'd like more power and a less noisy motor.

Ed