Prime That Puppy!!!

bh357

Chief Petty Officer
Just a reminder how helpful it is to prime your 2-strokes.<br /><br />My weed whipper had always taken a good 6~10 yanks to get going. Usually I'd fully choke it, give a few pulls until she kicks over. Then I'd move the choke to half open, and pull a few more times till she starts. I'd warm'er up at WOT with the choke half open, and then I'd open the choke and do my trimming. Not the ideal starting procedure :( <br /><br />There is a small priming "bulb" on the underside of the carb. I'd give'er a few pumps before I would go through the above procedure.<br /><br />Well... today I realized there was a return tube from the carb to the fuel tank. So I got to thinking :confused: what if I pumped the living heck out of it. I pumped and pumped until I heard fuel splash back into the tank.<br /><br />The result...<br /><br />ONE YANK :D <br /><br />Yes, One Yank :cool: <br />Prime the heck out of it, choke full closed, throttle wide open, one yank, choke to full open, and let it warm up.<br /><br />Remember, PUMP THOSE BULBS FIRM.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Prime That Puppy!!!

To Non-boating Tech