Price of Diesel

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
I can't believe the price of diesel fuel. 3 weeks ago it was $2.75. Now it is hitting $3.20! :mad: <br /><br />Can we insert the word inflation on everything now? Trains, planes, and trucks haul our commodities and the prices are going to soar.<br /><br />BP says they lost millions due to the hurricanes but have reported high profits. :confused:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Price of Diesel

$3.05 here in VT

Mercury140-I6

Petty Officer 1st Class

Lowest Diesel price I have seen in the last week was 3.15 in North Idaho.<br /><br />Craig

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Hey Craig, I just burned triple digit dollar amounts filling my work truck in the Chevron in your town, $3.20 for diesel. I grow weary of the fuel prices, they are being kept inflated for as long as people are willing to pay the prices. I myself use as little as possible, I sure wish others would. If I see one more H2 I am going to puke...

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I saw diesel at a Shell station today for $3.399.<br /><br />Regular unleaded was $3.099

Skinnywater

Commander

About a year ago when Diesel was a couple cents lower than regular I bought a '83 Mercedes 300 TurboDiesel for $1200. Since it gets 25 Mpg I thought it would be a great commuter car. <br />I put another $1500 and my labor into it and brought it back in shape.<br />It was pretty cool the first couple of months then the price of diesel started going for the price of premium grade fuel.<br />A couple months ago I was paying a high of $3.30 a gallon. It's has stabilized to about $3.05, the same as midgrade.<br />I've got a 100 mile a day commute that's costing me $12.20 a day, not to bad.

ZmOz

Captain

Diesel is just now being sold for the first time in the town where I live. "Only" $2.99...most other stations in the area are $3.09+. I think it's only $2.99 to advertise that they're selling it now.

ZmOz

Captain

Today the price of diesel went up 7 cents and gas went down 5 cents. Absolutely ridiculous... :rolleyes:

Link

Rear Admiral

Diesel was 3.16 and now is 3.09 this whole subject :confused: me.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

The station down the road lowered it a big nickle to make it $3.15. Meanwhile gas dropped about a dime? :confused: <br /><br />I never thought the price of fuel would determine what I would do and where to go. Was going to go to Rochester NY to get a motor for the wifes car. One locally has higher miles for $500 while the one in NY is way lower miles and is $300. Two and half tanks of fuel will cost me about $160 plus a full day of travel time. Decesions Decessions??? :confused: