Price Guide Prices???????????

droMac

Cadet
I just looked on the price guide to get an idea of what a pair of my 88 Johnson 120 V4's 25" are worth. It said about a thousand bucks each. Now in the parts section of this site a power head and gear case run me about 4 grand. What gives??? I just rebuilt the gear case, TNT unit, powerhead fixes, and powder coated from the powerhead down. Motors look new and run great. Is the price list for non working junk motors? Ideas? :O

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Price Guide Prices???????????

Howdy droMac. Is this so different than autos? You can never sell used stuff for anything near what new stuff costs. <br /><br />Red sky at night. . . . <br />JB
smile.gif

foosballpaul

Cadet

DroMac,<br /> Don't know if you still have the pair of Johnsons or not but I could use a pair of 120 V4s for my Mako. I currently have one powerhead being rebuilt. I am located in Maryland.

mbb

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ive always found that old motors are worth more to me than the book value. When youve got a 20-30 yr old motor thats in excellent shape, I can just never part with it for peanuts, so I keep buying boats to put them on.....