Prestolite distributor question

Bski

Seaman
I still haven't resolved the idle and low rpm issues with my motor (Previous post "Trouble with troubleshooting"). Gonna go through the carb idle circuit and give it a good cleaning again. <br /><br />Would the Prestolite iginition act up at low rpm under no load? <br />My experience has been that a bad ignition usually cuts out at high rpm under load.<br /><br />What would be a good test method to verify the distributor and coil?<br /><br />Thanks

Wart T

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Prestolite distributor question

timinf light is helpful. If it seems intermittent then it could be the module in the Prestolite.

Bski

Seaman

Thanks, I'll try the timing light again on all 8 cylinders. On #1 it seems fine and advances as I would expect.<br /><br />Eventually I will have this one conquered!

lakeguy72

Cadet

Check the voltage at the coil. When I replaced my original points/condenser ignition with a Prestolite electronic the engine ran rough. It turned out that my syncronizer was not wired correctly for electronic ignition and lowered the voltage at the coil to around 8 volts and the electronic system required 10 or more. You may just have a low voltage problem.<br />Lakeguy72