Presidents Limo

eeboater

Commander
Check this out! <br /><br />
With 5 in. worth of ballistic armor under its skin, and added height and length, the presidential limo tips the scales at close to 4 tons. It's probably based on a modified Escalade platform, riding on run-flat tires. The dark leather interior is environmentally sealed against chemical attack.
Click picture of car to read article!<br /><br />Sean<br /><br />

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Presidents Limo

man now all the terrorist will have a veiw at the weak points:(. cant believe they would give such vital info on the net.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

yea pretty stupid if you ask me rodbolt.. always someone out there with yet another brilliant brain fart.<br /><br />but then again.. all one needs to do is call and ask for ordering information ,,,

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea I seen that at the inauguration.<br />I thought that one secret service guy was gona strain a, errrrrrrrrr, muscle when he tried to open one of the doors.<br /><br />One cool car.

eeboater

Commander

Ahh I wouldn't be worried about the fact that data was published... If terrorists really wanted to know the thickness of the glass, I'm sure they could find out.<br /><br />Sean

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

I had the chance to ride in one similar to this back in 1995. It rocked!! The Secret Service guy punched the throttle and it was gone! Amazing how quick it responded for the weight.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

yep EE .. one thing I didn't think about right off the bat was - anyone could order one of these things at anytime as long as they've got the $$ and talk is free. ;)

mattttt25

Commander

i rode in govenor ronald reagan's old limo once. company had bought it and was actually operating it out of the philly area. same thing, doors weighed a ton.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Barlow:<br /> yep EE .. one thing I didn't think about right off the bat was - anyone could order one of these things at anytime as long as they've got the $$ and talk is free. ;)
All you gotta do is watch a few episodes of 24 :D

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

A while back they had a program on discovery channel or TLC or some other TV channel like that....don't remember which one. Anyway, they showed how they make limo's. This was one they showed. Anyone can order one with these exact specs. They are actually pretty populare according to this TV show. In this country the government orders a lot, celebraties have them, and some of the private transportation and security companies have them.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

And in this poor economy with the unemployment rates up there, and the good paying jobs going oversees, WHY DOES BABY BUSH deserve a new limo? What was wrong withthe old one?<br /><br />OOPS! silly me, that's right, the old one was um, not new.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Fine automoblie for sure, but a manure cart would serve the purpose better me thinks... (wink-wink, nudge-nudge) :p

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> Fine automoblie for sure, but a manure cart would serve the purpose better me thinks... (wink-wink, nudge-nudge) :p
A post after my own heart.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

A long time ago, a buddy of mine used to work at a body shop. The shop would armor cars for whoever paid for them - mostely diplomats and such.<br /><br />I always thought that one of the coolest things was that you could not open the door with one hand - you had to press a button on the handle with one hand and then you could operate the handle with the other. The idea behind it was that you couldn't open the door and fire a gun into the car.

D

DJ

As I recall, that limo was built by Hess and Eisenhardt. Chassis by Cadillac, design and conversion right here in the good ole USA.<br /><br />
Fine automoblie for sure, but a manure cart would serve the purpose better me thinks... (wink-wink, nudge-nudge) <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />A post after my own heart.
A dead president is a good thing? You might feel differently if you had the job, especially post 9-11.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

All a terrorist needs to blow a very deadly one inch hole in there is an rpg or lauw and whoever is riding inside will be fried.