President Reagan Dies

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Just heard the former President has just died.<br />The thoughts from the Spinner household goes out to the Reagan family.<br />He was 93

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: President Reagan Dies

God bless Ronald Reagan for the leadership he provided the world at a critical stage in history.<br /><br />His legacy is the safer world we have after the collapse of the Soviet Empire. The spread of democracy and human rights we have seen since is due in no small part to his efforts and his policies.<br /><br />The American economy today is the greatest engine of wealth in the history of mankind. That too is a result of Reaganomics in the '80s. And so is the marvelous economic growth of Asia, as Reagan proved the value of free markets to the world.<br /><br />But our beloved Gipper has long since left our world. He succumbed to a cruel and slow degenerative disease which takes the strong more excruciatingly than the weak. His work in this world was done, thank the Lord, and it was substantial.<br /><br />My prayers go out to Mrs. Reagan and the family in their hour of need. History will judge him among the handful of great Presidents.<br />
36.gif

Link

Rear Admiral

Served under him as President. Military people as a whole really respected him as they do GW Bush now. What you saw is what you got. And good since of humor. I could go on but dont need to as you know what Im saying. Great man in office and real life.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Thank you Mr. President for your years of service. Rest in peace.

JB

The man who won the cold war.<br /><br />One of our greatest Presidents.

11 footer

Lieutenant

I heard last night that he wasn't doing well. I just called my dad at work and told him, he was a Reagan fan.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by JB:<br /> The man who won the cold war.<br /><br />One of our greatest Presidents.
...and history will verify that in spades. No doubt that God has richly rewarded him.<br /><br />My flag is now at half mast.

LubeDude

Admiral

Im going out to lower my flag as well, He was a great man, and President.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Just got through lowering mine.<br /><br />One of the greatest Presidents, ever. Period.<br /><br />Won the 1984 Elections with 49 states.<br /><br />Had the highest approval rating of any president.<br /><br />If allowed, he would have won another term.<br /><br />The oldest sitting President at age 77.<br /><br />At the age of 31, I had the honor of working on his campaign here in Boyd County, eastern Kentucky.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

'I will leave with the greatest love for this country'...<br /><br />
022116.jpg
<br /><br /> THE GIPPER IS GONE <br /><br />...as posted on The Drudge Report. <br />No other news items were present.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

The Gipper is gone but never will he be forgotten. Today America has lost a true hero one of it's greatest statesmen.<br /><br />RIP Mr President.

JRJ

Commander

An example of a good human and politician...A rarity indeed. I hope there are more like him to follow....

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

He was a great President. Its a shame that almost after he left office his health started failing. He will be missed.

captkid

Petty Officer 2nd Class

gone but not forgotten... he was a great man and leader of our country...

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

I saw it all on TV that President Reagan has died. What a great man... He will be missed. I was in the Coast Guard during the Reagan era, and he was a well respected and admired Commander in Chief.<br /><br />Butch A.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

A man who won a war without firing a shot.<br /><br />A man who had more confidence in this country than the country had in itself.<br /><br />A leader without anger, and a man who knew that respect is given, not commanded.<br /><br />A patriot, and role model when we needed one in the worst way.<br /><br />Thank you Mr. Reagan, you were a man who was equal to the job of president. The world is a better place because of your vision of the future, and selfless dedication to the pursuit of freedom. May God welcome you to his holy kingdom.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

He will be missed. So sad with all the things he accomplished that he had to suffer from altzheimers. I cant think of a better president in my life time then Ronald Reagan

SoulWinner

Commander

Would chime in..but I'm too upset to see the keyboard....please join me in praying for Nancy...