precision blend on 89 l150etxf

841800SS

Cadet
new here and i'm sure this has been covered before but i need some advice -- recently purchased this motor -the oil pump seems to be working fine but i just dont trust it -would it be better to rebuild the pump and replace the lines -or just remove it and use premix (i wont forget to add the oil!!)--if i do remove it can anyone give me the correct steps to doing this-or tell me where to look em up--i could use the compartment the resevoir is in for another battery so i'm leaning toward the removal of it --thanks for any help on this

kissmywake

Cadet
Re: precision blend on 89 l150etxf

Precision blend is a very good system, I would leave it. The only problem that I have seen with them was a bad seal, and that was only indicated by oil on the lower unit driveshaft. Do not try to rebuild or reseal the pump, just replace it if you are going to do anything. If you do replace it then premix the gas 100:1 and mark the remote tank to make sure that it is using oil.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

I thought about removing the precision blend on my 86' yamaha 115. For some reason it made me think that it was not mixing the oil correctly cause it was not useing verry much oil. I rarely run at wot. The precision blend system is designed to use less tham 50:1 mix of oil when rpm's are low cause it does not neet that much oil. I ended up servicing the pump and lines and am useing it with no problem. Its a good system and you can test the pump by measuring the output at each cylinder. I forget the whole process, but you have to premix when you run this test cause you will be unpluging the oil lines whyle the motor is running to measure how manny ML's of oil you get in 3 muinites at 1500 rpm.

841800SS

Cadet

ok i'll keep it --where can i find the best prices on the pump -have heard they are close to 150.00-i can replace it myself so i only need the parts --thanks for the input yall