Preakness

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Preakness

Florida roots in there somewhere.......

tylerin

Commander

Almost a shoe-in for the triple crown. Undefeated and winning by a landslide, unless he breaks a leg I can't see any horse beating Smarty Jones. But you never know

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Tylerin It's a horse race...every horse has odds and they all have a chance...seen it many times...soon as you think you have a sure thing...well you know what happens... :)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Smarty Jones, Man that pony can haul a**. Beautiful race.<br />Bassy

tylerin

Commander

Chief101, I frequent the racetrack, and have horses myself, and you're absolutely correct. Every horse has odds, and I guarantee the odds will be in Smarty Jones favor in June. By the looks of todays results, the longest of the three tracks (Belmont), will only be in the colts favor. But I agree with you, thats why we watch

FLATHEAD

Captain

Did ya see how easy Smarty Jones took it to them other horse's? . I think just maybe we might be watching a real legend make his mark.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Tylerin...this'll be a good race if Smarty Jones keeps his wits about...would be nice to have a "Triple Crown" winner...being as you are so sure what odds ya gonna give me... :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

8 and 0 record.<br />Only the third horse in history I think to win both the races while being undefeated.<br />Seattle Slew and Majestic Prince I think were the other 2.<br /><br />The jockey done a real job holding him back till the home stretch before giving him his head.<br /><br />Yea if something don't happen between now and 3 weeks from now, I would say he is the next triple crown winner.

gaugeguy

Captain

That would be some awful expensive glue. That colt is gonna retire in a field some day and get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for his stud services ;)

tylerin

Commander

get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for his stud services
Millions maybe. The one athlete that has as wealthy retirement as he did a career. I think "Wilt the Stilt" thought he was Secretariat :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by tylerin:<br /> I think "Wilt the Stilt" thought he was Secretariat :D
I think Secretariat's blood lines are much more valuable than Wilt's. Wilt hasn't produced any world class ball players :rolleyes:

oddjob

Commander

I think Secretariat's blood lines are much more valuable than Wilt's. Wilt hasn't produced any world class ball players
How would one know? :D

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

:mad: I were only trying to keep youall from jinxin' him...

tylerin

Commander

OUCH!! :confused: Beat by a 36-1 horse. Some longer distance horses show up at the final leg of the Triple Crown. I hope I didn't jinx him. The last 10 horses coming into the Belmont with a chance to win the TC have failed.

gaugeguy

Captain

Would have loved to have put a chunk of change on Birdstone to win...cha-ching ;)