Prayers for the crew of the Priz

D

DJ

Re: Prayers for the crew of the Priz

This is a bad deal.<br /><br />I hope they can get it raised.<br /><br />I found this telling.<br /><br />
The US navy said a Super Scorpio unmanned vessel was being flown out from San Diego on Friday morning Pacific time (late afternoon GMT). <br /><br />Britain is also sending a naval Scorpio vessel from Scotland's Prestwick airport aboard a Royal Air Force Boeing C-17 transport plane. <br /><br />

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, at least Russia isn't too proud to refuse the help.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by ErikDC:<br /> Well, at least Russia isn't too proud to refuse the help.
Yah..........this time.

Tyme2fish

Commander

And here we sit at our computer screens all comfy and safe. Let's pray for a swift recovery.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by Limited-Time:<br />
Originally posted by ErikDC:<br /> Well, at least Russia isn't too proud to refuse the help.
Yah..........this time.
I remember the Kursk, too. I'm hoping this is a change for the better.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Tyme2fish:<br /> And here we sit at our computer screens all comfy and safe. Let's pray for a swift recovery.
Amen

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Ditto. I tried imagining what it'd feel like to be down there trapped. I'd be out there helping if I could.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Limited-Time:<br />
Yah..........this time.
Was thinking the same thing.<br />Would like to see good ending this time.

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

sure am praying they come home safe.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well they made it. The British un-manned sub thing cut away the cables and the mini-sub surfaced on it's own. All 7 aboard are well and being looked after at local hospital.

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

Way to go! Nice to hear good news. :D

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's the first thing I heard when I turned on the radio this morning! :D :D :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

They couldn't even rescue 12? of their own in 625 ft of water and we spent a 1/2 a century living in fear of these people??? :eek: <br /><br />In spite of the above I am glad that they were rescued.

Link

Rear Admiral

LOL @ Boomyal! :) <br />We had just pulled in the driveway yesterday from a BBQ (with her Navy Unit) when we heard the news! Both let out a loud "YES at the same time.<br />Good Deal this time around.

aspeck

Staff member

Great news!

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> They couldn't even rescue 12? of their own in 625 ft of water and we spent a 1/2 a century living in fear of these people??? :eek: <br /><br />In spite of the above I am glad that they were rescued.
Back in the late sixtys and seventys they were a force to be reckoned with, but their adventure into Afganistan and Ronald Reagan military spending and robust foreign policy solved that problem :D <br /><br />Also the Saudies too did help to bankroll the Afgan fighters with money,weapons and an enormous supply of zealots and fanatics which sapped the resources of the once then mighty Soviet union.<br />What a double edged sword that turned out to be :(