Prayer request

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Now I know this might seem kinda silly, but I gotta do it anyhow. This request is from my Mom. If she doesn't stop smoking she can't have her surgery because it decreases the chance of the surgery being successful. This surgery determines whether or not she'll ever walk again so ya its pretty important. Thanks for your time gang.<br /><br /><br />Dear Family and Friends,<br /> I usually don't request a prayer for myself, but I really need your prayers. As most of you know, I am going in for back surgery on Sept. 1st, it is going to be a 360 fusion, going in through the front and back, doing L4&5 and L5&S1. And yes I do need your prayers for all to go well and have a successful surgery, but I am fighting another MONSTER ! I have to quit smoking 2 weeks prior to the surgery and I don't seem to be able to do this on my own. I had it at one point and was doing great, until I took it into my own hands! Gosh, will I ever learn???? I thought that I needed the Zyban to insure that I would be done smoking. Well, they said not to quit for the first two weeks taking them. No problem, it was easy enough for me to pick them up and smoke for two weeks! See, I told you I didn't leave it in God's hands. Now I am asking for a few minutes of your time to join in prayer with me to kill this addiction. And may I NEVER pick it up again!<br /> I want to thank you all in advance, because I know that you will be there for me or I would not be sending this email to you! May God richly bless you all!<br /> Sincerely,<br /> Shirley

FLATHEAD

Captain
Re: Prayer request

I wish her the best with the smokes and the surgery.

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

consider it done here in florida, good luck and please let us know how she is doing. God Bless. Braxton

aspeck

Staff member

You and your mom got it!

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

I'm living proof that you can quit smoking and you can also survive back surgery. I've done both. Prayers sent, my friends.

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

Don't let the cigaretts win! Alot of people would love the chance just to be able to walk. And you might loose this if surgery is not performed. I too have quit smoking and had that surgery through the neck about five weeks ago. My prayers are with you.

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

dont usually do prayers but hey why not? you got it, if the bolt of lighting doesnt get me ill be thinking about you ! best of luck

ezbtr

Commander

My thoughts are there! I know that monster, I'm killin him slow lately though!! Good luck!