Power Washing Rate?

bigmarc66

Seaman
Hey guys I power washed a guys deck today and I have no idea what to charge. I have never done it for an earning but he insists. The deck is 20 feet long by 15 feet wide with railings. I was there for about 3 and a half hours. Any ideas of what would be reasonable? thanks

newbie4life

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Power Washing Rate?

Depends on what wages are in your area -- but if I were to hire it done, I would expect it to run around $100 or so. Gas is high, let alone to get to the job and back.

I wouldn't be real excited to do it for any less than that.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Depends on what wages are in your area -- but if I were to hire it done, I would expect it to run around $100 or so. Gas is high, let alone to get to the job and back.

I wouldn't be real excited to do it for any less than that.

Was it your washer? There is that cost too. $100 is fair.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

$100 sounds fair to me but I wouldn't set a price. It sounds like he must be family or a freind and you were just doing it to help him out. If thats the case then I'd insist that he give you a hand around the house one day as repayment. Trim trees, till a garden, etc.

bhammer

Ensign

Is this a friend or neighbor? If so, you may want to diso**** it a bit to keep peace. You could google and see what they charge in the local area.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I was figuring around $30, $35 bux an hour.........................or around a hundred bux.:D:D

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

Handyman work around here runs about $25/hour.