power trim and tilt question

QSS

Seaman
Hi guys i have here a 83 model v4 90hp johnson and ther is a screw in the side of the trim/tilt with an oring around it is this a pressure releif valve or an air bleed of some sort as the trim/tilt is not working and once i pulled out this screw i found half an o,ring on it. is there a procedure to bleed it or? any help would be appreciated

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: power trim and tilt question

If you are speaking of the slotted screw reached fom the side in a recessed part of the transom bracket, that is a manual release valve to allow you to raise and lower the motor in an emergency. You must replace it according to the manual, with a new seal and retaining ring, and retorque the screw to specifications.

After you do that, you will need to top up your trim fluid. It would be in your best interests to buy a factory service manual if you plan on doing your own work.

The parts manuals are free and on-line: http://epc.brp.com/default.aspx?brands=ej&lang=e

QSS

Seaman
Re: power trim and tilt question

thanks it,s not my outboard so i won,t be purchasing a manual we will sort it out at workshop. thanks again