Power Tilt problem

I have a power tilt on my 70hp Johnson(1979). It works fine but will not hold the motor in the up position for any length of time. Does it just need a topping off of fluid or should I look at something else? If topping off is all it needs can someone walk me through the process and any special equipment needed?<br /><br />Thanks

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: Power Tilt problem

There is a bleed valve on your TNT system that allows you to raise or lower without power if needed by by-passing hyd.fluid. It sounds like maybe your bypass screw is not completely tight.<br /> Are there any obvious external leaks????

Thanks. I will look for the bleed valve. I haven't done anything to it since we bought the motor several years ago. Not sure if it came to me this way or if the problem just recently occurred.<br /><br />I'll report my results.

walleyehed

Admiral

If i remember right, it's a small screw on the side of the reservoir, close to the bottom.<br /> It may also be possible that it is leaking internally....usually it will have some air in the system if this is the case.