Power Tech Props

olm

Seaman
I have to replace my old props new motors spins them out. I was told about power tech props any info would be appriciated.

shep70057

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Power Tech Props

You are going to have to give more information but your best bet is to contact Power Tech. You can go to their site and enter all the information and inform them of what you would like to achieve. I personally run the PTC4 and have been quite pleased with it.

olm

Seaman

thanks Shep, I did talk to them and I am considering there props. I just had never heard of them and was curious if they were as good as my dealer claims.

shep70057

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah, they really are. Not for all applications as several of us have learned but they have many applications where they really do work. Drop me a line... asheppard@oceaneering.com

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

olm - An alternative would be to have your existing props refurbished and rehubbed. This will save you a few $$. Hit the Yellow paqges. There are a couple of shops in Miami that do this.

olm

Seaman

I did go to such a shop and asked alot of questions. Basically they beat the props into submission and it did not look very scientific.<br />A guy heating & beating a prop into shape did not appeal to me.

shep70057

Petty Officer 2nd Class

After a couple of visits to a prop shop you practically pay for a new prop. With PT, if the prop doesn't perform how you want.... as long as it hasn't been dinged up in any way, it can be swapped out for a small fee. Don't know what the fee is because mine worked the first time.