Power Inverter

buncobabe

Recruit
We just purchased a 2002 Regal 2765 Commodore. It doesn't have a generator and we would like to have power other than shore power. Can I install a power inverter and be able to run a TV and a Micro? What size would I need to get and is it worth the effort to install an inverter? Is there a generator out there in the market that won't cost me an arm and a leg to get and have it installed? What size there do I need.
Thank you!

watermellonI

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Power Inverter

I believe I would go ahead and get a generator, to me it would be a lot less to be conerned about. Run it when and where you need it as long as you need it, With an inverter you continually have to monitor power because it tends to drain your batteries if your out for extended periods of time and anchored somewhere.

JCF350

Lieutenant Junior Grade

We just purchased a 2002 Regal 2765 Commodore. It doesn't have a generator and we would like to have power other than shore power. Can I install a power inverter and be able to run a TV and a Micro? What size would I need to get and is it worth the effort to install an inverter?
TV and micro? yes. Fairly easy to install . I can watch a movie (20" tv) and have a snack and morning coffee with 2 group 31 deep cycles easily. Get a true sine wave output of about 2000w for best results (my motorhome uses an MSW and the micro takes about twice as long).

Is there a generator out there in the market that won't cost me an arm and a leg to get and have it installed? What size there do I need.
Thank you!
Installed safely? Nope. Cost at least a leg;)

Zero Balance

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I run a coffee pot, TV, DVD/VCR combo withought problems on my two house batts. My inverter also gives me the ability to run power tools if necessary, (blower for the toys) Check the ratings on the appliances you plan to install. If you look closely at different models of the same size you'll see wattages will vary and what it actually marked on the appliance is just a rating and not what the exact wattage needed may be so consider this and give yourself a safe margin.

For saftey sake and peace of mind I have seperated my house and engine electrical circuits, run seperate volt meters on each I also run a battery management system.

http://bepmarine.com/Clusters-180.html

To date I've had no problems.