Power disappeared....then came back?

SWFLTom

Cadet
I've got a 2000 Rinker 180 with the Mercruiser 3.0L. I just installed a new battery last week and all seemed fine. Last night I put my battery-maintainer on it and went to bed.<br /><br />This morning I came out to check on it and all was good. I wanted to see how running all the accesories would effect it. So I ran the blower, the nav lights, the gps, and raised the outdrive. All seemed fine up till this point. I then honked the horn, then turned on the radio. As soon as I touched the power button for the radio...the power for everything going to the dash disappeared. The tilt still worked...but that was it. The blower would not blow...the lights would not light...the gps would not gps...the horn would not honk...the radio would not play...and the starter would not start.<br /><br />I just about freaked. I checked all the dash breakers and they were all fine. I still had to get ready for work so I decided to wait till after work to look at it. But I was stil curious and decided to check it before I left for work. I went back out and put the key in it and turned it to accesories only. WOW...the power was back.<br /><br />What could have caused this? Is there some other hidden breaker that I don't know about? I'd hate for this to happen while I was out on the water.<br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br />Tom

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Power disappeared....then came back?

Better check your battery connections. If wing nuts are used, use a pliers to tighten them after cleaning the terminals. Better yet, replace them with stainless steel nuts so you can use a wrench. (Just don't use so much force you twist off the studs).