Power Boat sinks in Michigan

tpenfield

Staff member
Looks like they weren't giving up the ship . . . until it was almost too late. The video was posted about 10 months ago, so assuming it was last season (?)

Notice how the boat quickly turtled . . .

mr 88

Commander
Stupid is as stupid does.
What the heck is that supposed to mean ? Were you there to see what caused the massive water intrusion ? How long was it floundering for ? Any medical disability's on board ? Honestly your comment was uncalled for .

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
It's pretty stupid to not be wearing a PFD, especially while a boat is sinking.

Alumarine

Captain
It's pretty stupid to not be wearing a PFD, especially while a boat is sinking.
A lot of people if not most instead of wearing pfd's keep them in a cubby somewhere.
Their passengers don't know where they are located and in any case when the sh** hits the fan it's too late to get at them.

silverbul

Petty Officer 1st Class
What the heck is that supposed to mean ? Were you there to see what caused the massive water intrusion ? How long was it floundering for ? Any medical disability's on board ? Honestly your comment was uncalled for .
Somebody have a bad night at the bingo hall? lol

dubs283

Vice Admiral
"Where are the life jackets?"

or

"Where's the fire extinguisher?"

are two questions under distress a vessel operator should never hear from a passenger or otherwise

On another note I couldn't help but notice the detail on the hull. Looks like a custom design/airbrush look.

Can't say how many boats I've been on that look pretty above deck but when you start looking at fundamental power, safety and operational systems I wonder where the money goes

stresspoint

Ensign
most likely one of those twin inboard go fast boats that un qualified people are converting to quad or triple outboards , IMO , never a good outcome,
impressive for sitting at dockside restaurants and sandbars, that's about it.

ScottinAZ

Senior Chief Petty Officer
"Where are the life jackets?"

or

"Where's the fire extinguisher?"

are two questions under distress a vessel operator should never hear from a passenger or otherwise

On another note I couldn't help but notice the detail on the hull. Looks like a custom design/airbrush look.

Can't say how many boats I've been on that look pretty above deck but when you start looking at fundamental power, safety and operational systems I wonder where the money goes

two things a responsible operator should be YELLING at the passengers while trying to get as close to help as possible when the defecation hits the rotating oscillator. My boat is small, so its all in a tote right in the middle of the seating area. I dont have any cubbies to hide it in...... Fire extinguisher in there and also one mounted just under my helm area.....

ScottinAZ

the vid here kind of irritates me...... the person on the camera was too damn busy trying to get their social media hits, and being a monday morning quarterback to actually help. Not looking for someone to throw them a dockline, nor anything else remotely helpful, just sittin there filming it. Kudos however to the other boater that was on scene and actually assisting the problem at hand......

stresspoint

Ensign
the vid here kind of irritates me...... the person on the camera was too damn busy trying to get their social media hits, and being a monday morning quarterback to actually help. Not looking for someone to throw them a dockline, nor anything else remotely helpful, just sittin there filming it. Kudos however to the other boater that was on scene and actually assisting the problem at hand......
yes , it is becoming a big problem these days , some people are quite comfortable videoing a disaster or accident just to get social media attention rather than stepping up and rendering assistance .
a punch in the face and the camera used as a rectal implant should be mandatory to those who do that :poop: .

jlh3rd

Chief Petty Officer
most likely one of those twin inboard go fast boats that un qualified people are converting to quad or triple outboards , IMO , never a good outcome,
impressive for sitting at dockside restaurants and sandbars, that's about it.
yep....go fast....burn gas....

dubs283

Vice Admiral
two things a responsible operator should be YELLING at the passengers

Yeah,

As an operator one shouldn't be yelling at the passengers. My post was alluding to a sound operator

If one invites another on their vessel it's important to first inform them of fundamental safety items. Never yell at anyone

ScottinAZ

Yeah,

As an operator one shouldn't be yelling at the passengers. My post was alluding to a sound operator

If one invites another on their vessel it's important to first inform them of fundamental safety items. Never yell at anyone
not gonna get into a **** measuring contest, but if things go sideways, I WILL be talking in an elevated tone of voice (AKA YELLING) where things are, to remind those who didnt pay attention before the brown stuff hit the fan..... I dont have time in an emergency to have a long polite philosophical conversation as to where the items are that will save your behind..... It needs done NOW, so my tone of voice will show that......