Postcard 2 from The Hideout

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
This hen wild turkey walked into my yard while I was having a cuppajoe and enjoying the glorious morning today.<br /><br />
watermark.php

Carphunter

Commander
Re: Postcard 2 from The Hideout

"Heeeeere Turkey Turkey Turkey, Heeeeere Turkey Turkey Turkey".<br /><br />Sorry, had to practice my patented Turkey call. :p

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

she looks a little small JB, but hard to tell.<br />how big do they get in TX? nice way to start the<br />day huh? :)

18rabbit

Captain

You know, that bird would be great in a tetrazini. :D

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I didn't see any turkey, just a boston whaler. :D

11 footer

Lieutenant

You are in the middle of knowwhere and thats the biggest turkey you can some up with HA! :D <br /><br />I saw wind turkeys last summer in MA that would eat that thing alive. Who needs texas :p :p :D

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

Speaking of things in Texas being big; a Texan in 1959 was complaining to a group of tourists that with Alaska now a state Texas was the second largest state, well, he kept this up until finally a guy says, <br /><br />"if you don't stop complaining we'll cut Alaska in half and you'll have the third largest state". <br /> ;)

ob

Admiral

JB,Is that the same strain of wild turkey that the whiskey is made from? :p <br /><br />Hey that isn't a Mckee Craft in Whaler decals is it? :D <br /><br />Sorry JB ,Just seems like its been a while since someone's picked on you.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey! :eek: <br /><br />What's up with all the abuse all of a sudden??

FLATHEAD

Captain

Yo JB, I been off for the last three days to hunt those turkeys, and they are not cooperating. I do have to agree that is a young un. Just let me know if'n those pesky birds start to get in the way, I probably could find it in my heart to come on down and thin the flock a bit so's you can have some Peace and quite. :)

ob

Admiral

That's an excellent idea.I bet ol' JBs got a smoker just out of the pic view that he would be ablidgen to throw on a couple of strips on and have em drop shipped to some of us not so fortunate folk. ;) hadn't had any good turkey jerky since I last stopped by the Hilje Praseks smokehouse.