Possible Rescue Mission

ehenry

Commander
Beginning this past Monday Steele Bayou, over where I hunt in Issaquenqa county, rose and cut off vehicle and 4-wheeler access to my hunting camp. The only way in or out now is by boat. <br /><br />One of my hunting partners called me lastnight bragging on his old boat. He told me he hadn't fooled with it or run the engine in over 6 years. He said he drug it out of his barn, drained the carberator, put on a fresh tank of gas and it cranked on the 2nd pull. He also said that he had water coming out the tell-tale. He told me he was leaving this morning around 9:00 headed over to the camp to hunt. Its 18 mile boat ride to get to the camp from the landing. He's running a 16 foot aluminum jon boat with a 25 horse Evinrude.<br /><br />I bet yall a 6-pack of your prefered brew I have to make a rescue run before the day is over.

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Possible Rescue Mission

Hope you have room for your winnings. One word comes to mind. Duh?

ehenry

Commander

I'll be shocked if he makes it...I told him i wouldn't try it without at the very least a new water pump. The engine cranking and running is one thing but a 6 to 7 year old dry rotted impeller????? He's askin for it.<br /><br />I'll give a report either Monday or let yall know I'm headed out after him today.

KaGee

Admiral

Well, at least it isn't cold down there.

ehenry

Commander

Actually, its warming up. Its been in the 30's but its in the 50's now.

ehenry

Commander

BREAKING NEWS ! ! ! <br /><br />Much to my amazement he made it to the camp! ! He said the engine ran fine never missed a beat!!! BUT!!!! The boat sunk over night at it sat on the bank of the bayou ! ! ! He bailed it out with a bucket and made it back out the next day!!! :D :D <br /><br />I did rescue another guy though. He had put his boat in and headed to his camp. He made it about 4 miles from the landing and it shot craps on him. I had to leave out of my camp about 3:00 p.m. cause I had to be at work Saturday night at 9:30. I stayed with the guy for about 45 minutes while while we floated down the bayou and he worked on it trying to get it to run. Towed him in when he finally gave up.<br /><br />Do I still get my 6-pack???

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by efhenry:<br /> BREAKING NEWS ! ! ! <br />Do I still get my 6-pack???
LOL :D <br />Maybe you're intitiled to a pint!

ehenry

Commander

A pint?!?!?! That wont do anything but make me mad. :cool:

KaGee

Admiral

Okay..... here.... have two! :p <br />
beer-pictures-t15.jpg
<br />It's early in the day.... gotta take it slow.<br /> :D