Possible Purchase - SeaRay Sorrento S23

DrCox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ladies and Gents,

First, I read through the sticky "http://forums.iboats.com/forum/general-boating-outdoors-activities/boat-topics-and-questions-not-engine-topics/650747-for-new-members-needing-help-buying-a-boat-a-buyer-s-checklist"

Just wanted some input on whether or not I this looks like a pearl. Will do a closer inspection if it seems like its worth it.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/boa/4606141039.html

Thanks in advance,

-DrCox

Cptkid570

Ensign
I think that for a 1987 boat to have a molded in swim platform and the rounded windshield, it was ahead of its time. Very nice looking boat. I love the swim platform, very roomy. Sleek looking boat. And, 23' is a nice size. I don't know your market, but that is a decent amount of money for a 1987 boat though.

DrCox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I like the styling as well. I poked around on NADA and it is saying average selling price is $8960. As far as price for age, the older I get the more I appreciate the "classics" heheh. Its all about what makes my timbers shiver ;) I will call this guy in the morning. Just needed a second on the motion. Thanks for the reply CptKid. I will let ya know how it works out.

-DrCox

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
I had the 19' version of that boat in red. My particular boat had quality issues. A lot of the boat was top quality, some of it was low quality. I would look closely where the ski well joins the deck, the ski well floor and the rear bulkhead that supports the rear "flip-up" cushion that hides the navy top. Also the side panels were cobbled together from whatever was laying around (non-pressure treated plywood, steel staples), and was pretty crummy, under the vinyl covering. Also check the deck for any soft spots.

This was one of the boats that S-R used to build their reputation, so that is good news.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
For a boat that is 27 years old that one looks brand new! If she runs and is solid as she looks it is a good price IMHO.