Poss....cable?????

14jaycee

Recruit
I just bought a 1988 Glassport runabout.. Let me tell you what the guy told me what was wrong with it... He told me he was on the lake and had a skier on the back that fell. So he slow and stopped and put it in neutral and when he was ready to turn around and get the skier he wasn't going anywhere and ended up being towed in.

The motor runs great but I wonder if its a shift cable or something else. any ideas before i dig into it...

Thanks a million

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Poss....cable?????

Could be several things, 14.

What engine does it have? I/O, inboard or outboard? What make? What HP?

First thought: Wrapped the rope around the prop and spun it.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

If its an outboard unhook the cable and see if it shifts by hand.

14jaycee

Recruit

Its a outboard. make is a 1988 Glosstron 16ft runabout. 120HP. I ment to say that when he had it out on the lake and when he put in gear. He said the troddle felt sluggish. any ideas

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Never heard of a Glosstron outboard engine of any HP, 14.

C'mon, tell us what ENGINE it has.

14jaycee

Recruit

Its a mercury marine 3.0. Motor says its a 130 hp. inboard. Anyways I was looking at it and found that the cable that connects to the switch on top of the motor is not connecting. I put the troddle ingear and it does not move the switch. the cable moves... I know the he disconnected the cable I don't know why but when I connected it back. I notced that the cable slides back and forth easy but does not move the switch. could this be the problem? I cannot tell if the cable is broken. and I cannot find any illastrations on the switch. could someone help...Thanks