Positioning of waketower?

Juel-dk

Seaman Apprentice
Hi All.

I have a Stingray 556zpx from 1993.
I have just bought a BOSS tower like this:
http://www.bosswake.com/product_master_detail_expand.asp?ID=123

Now i have a question, where should the pulling point be on the boat, in dead center, or a little ind the front, or a little in the back?

My mind thinks in the middle, or a little in front, what did you guys do?

Kind regards
Morten

salty87

Commander
Re: Positioning of waketower?

the rear cross bar on my tower is closer to the bow by 6", compared to the drivers seat. i have an inboard though. when i stand on my engine box (direct drive) i don't hit my head on the tower.

GreatRiverDucker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

the rear cross bar on my tower is closer to the bow by 6", compared to the drivers seat. i have an inboard though. when i stand on my engine box (direct drive) i don't hit my head on the tower.

That sounds right on in my experience. I'm thinking for your boat you would want to be forward of center a little bit, but it also depends on the shape and weight distribution of your boat! Good luck and have fun ridin!:)

Juel-dk

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for your replies :)
Ok, so a little over the middle, ill try that :)

GreatRiverDucker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Can you still ride? You must be much farther south than I am. Most boats have already been pulled in these parts. Hope you get to rip it soon!

Juel-dk

Seaman Apprentice

Hehe im from denmark, some still ride here, but NOT me water is under 15degrees celsious, my boat is winterrized :D

GreatRiverDucker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Jeez how much is gas for wakeboarding over there? It's got to be outrageous!

Juel-dk

Seaman Apprentice

my boat uses about 14liters pr hour (wakeboarding), and one liter of fuel in denmark is about 1,9$ so its about 26,6$ pr hour for fuel :D

If i go full throttle, it costs 66,5$ pr hour of fuel..

1 gallon of fuel cost 7,2$ in denmark :D

Thats why we dont drive around in big V8 cars :( most of us anyway..

But we make twice the amount of money per. month in average, compeared to the states ;)

halliola

Recruit

15degrees celsious is not bad im riding in iceland and ther wather was 5 degrees celsious when i started last summer and it never got over 15degrees celsious

hal2814

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You want it as far forward as you can reasonably get it. That way you have as long a rope as possible at your best wake position. You can't go putting it right at the front for mostly obvious reasons but if you can cheat it forward a bit, you won't be sorry.

Juel-dk

Seaman Apprentice

You want it as far forward as you can reasonably get it. That way you have as long a rope as possible at your best wake position. You can't go putting it right at the front for mostly obvious reasons but if you can cheat it forward a bit, you won't be sorry.

Super ill do that :D I have all winter to mount it ;)
Thanks for your answer.