Poor Running - Low WOT

Freeman1982

Seaman
I need answers to the page 15 questions to help.

Thank you sir for your help. When I turn on the Kye on yes light engine light on and I heard the three beeps but once the engine Start running the light goes off and I have no light showing up in the engine status. I hope this answer helps .

muc

"Retired" Association of Marine Technicians...
Thank you sir for your help. When I turn on the Kye on yes light engine light on and I heard the three beeps but once the engine Start running the light goes off and I have no light showing up in the engine status. I hope this answer helps .
You are not in power reduction mode. If you were one of the lights would be on.
I would recheck fuel pressure, hi and low. Both at the 3 times I posted.

Senior B

Petty Officer 1st Class
What prop pitch are you running? Excessive pitch will lower the top RPM but you're at the minimum of the RPM range now but still in spec. Do you know how to properly trim up the drive once you're on plane to achieve max speed and RPM? I ask these questions as you may have NO problem at all and are just throwing money and parts at something that isn't broken to start with.

Freeman1982

Seaman
You are not in power reduction mode. If you were one of the lights would be on.
I would recheck fuel pressure, hi and low. Both at the 3 times I posted.
Thank you so much I think I have fuel pump problem because when I go to the lake in the beginning everything normal but after one hour or two hour start losing power which is telling me the fuel pump after get heat start closing pressure

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Thank you so much I think I have fuel pump problem because when I go to the lake in the beginning everything normal but after one hour or two hour start losing power which is telling me the fuel pump after get heat start closing pressure
Or your fuel vent is clogged, which would explain the duration of time (the 1 to 1.5 hours you mention)

Freeman1982

Seaman
right next to your fuel fill

Thank you so much . One more question do you think there is a filter in the file line in side the tank could be clogged ? I know there is fuel filter at the fuel pump and it’s changeable but my concern now if there is fuel filter at the end of the line inside the tank could be clogged and making this issue? If yes is there a way to get to it ?

muc

"Retired" Association of Marine Technicians...
Thank you so much . One more question do you think there is a filter in the file line in side the tank could be clogged ? I know there is fuel filter at the fuel pump and it’s changeable but my concern now if there is fuel filter at the end of the line inside the tank could be clogged and making this issue? If yes is there a way to get to it ?
There are many things the can cause a fuel delivery issue. This is why the first step is to test fuel pressure.