Poor Performance! 75 115 Johnson

hunterfab

Cadet
75 Glastron CV-16 16 ft 115 Johnson 30 MPH max even fully trimed with the power tilt. Recent carb rebuild new coils wires power pack plugs and water pump What else could be wrong? Yes I have a book for it.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Poor Performance! 75 115 Johnson

Welcome Hunter!<br /><br />What kinda rpms are you getting at WOT and what's the prop size? Tell us about the engine set up on the boat....where is the anti-cav plate (the plate right over the prop) set in comparision with the keel of the boat?<br /><br />Top end timing OK?

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

Is this something that just came into being, or how did the boat run before?

hunterfab

Cadet

Originally posted by Hunter Fabrication:<br /> 75 Glastron CV-16 16 ft 115 Johnson 30 MPH max even fully trimed with the power tilt. Recent carb rebuild new coils wires power pack plugs and water pump What else could be wrong? Yes I have a book for it.

hunterfab

Cadet

Originally posted by Hunter Fabrication:<br /> 75 Glastron CV-16 16 ft 115 Johnson 30 MPH max even fully trimed with the power tilt. Recent carb rebuild new coils wires power pack plugs and water pump What else could be wrong? Yes I have a book for it.
Thanks for the reply! the boat is a 1975 glasstron carlson cv-16 the tach is not working at the moment so unsure about the RPM sounds like it is turning pretty tight will check on plate today! The lady I got it from said it would do 45 mph shes got the ticket to prove it.the prop is the factory 3 bladed alum prop.I am going to get the book out and check the timing and look at the carbs again I rebuit the carbs myself they were way easier to do than the carters on my 440.

MCM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hunter, You need to keep this problem all on one post or people will loose interest quick, it's dificult to keep track of the problem when its multiplied :rolleyes:

MCM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

As I just posted on your other post not knowing the tach wasn't working in this post, You have a bad rectifier, and probably a bad stator

Walker

Captain

45mph sounds a little too optimistic to me for your boat and motor. Like already mentioned, you need a working tach.