pontoon remodel

HAG87

Recruit
I bought my first pontoon and midtour leave and plan on redoin the floors, carpet, and adding flood light powered by a portable generator when i get home. I've been thinking about using regular outdoor 3/4 in plywood, astroturf, and still playin with the idea of either using regular floodlights and mounting the single or buying double shop light on a stand and cutting off the tripod and mounting them on the 4 corners. Anyone have any suggestions on any of this would be great im new to boat and dont know alot. My boat will mainly be used for night fishing and jugging for cat

Jeep Man

Commander
Re: pontoon remodel

That will drain a lot of power. It will also be lit up like an oil platform in the North Sea. Consider LED lights.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

I am a fellow catman and I think the flood light are way over kill, I have a light bar I made with LEDs that I use for lighting the rods and a console light to see for tying knots and stuff but no big lights.

I also don't think the sound of the generator would do you much good fishing and you would get really tired of hearing it run al night.

Get a hand held spot for checking your jugs and you should be good, maybe go with 2 batteries.

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have caught thousands of perch (crappie) fishing at night. Anytime a boat with a generator came up, I would move because it sure ruins the serenity of the quiet night. I can only imagine how it would sound having to listen to it for long periods. I always hung four gas lanterns from the corners and would sometimes use the floating lights.

As 5150 suggested go with two batteries.

Bigbobdallas

Seaman

I went to my local WM and they had LED's that were about 6 inch across circle that requires 4 double a battries and my gosh they put out the light. About $6.50 each well worth it

cbavier

Lieutenant

You also have to think about lighting on a boat and State and Fed regulations. Lights blind and can be deceiving so one must be careful what you do on a boat at night with lighting. Oh and lights also draw bugs and Mosquito's too.