Pontoon Cover

TBurdin

Recruit
So, we have a Sun Tracker Fishin' Barge 20' DXL. We have the cover with the rail lock system. The boat is in a slip on a covered dock. We are looking at something easier to put on and off the boat when not in use. It is just time consuming and hard to put on when by myself. Any other covers, that do not use the rail lock system, that would be ok to use during boating season? Thanks. (Sorry if this is a silly question. We are new to boating.)

scampa123

Recruit
I have a 20DLX Party Barge and came to the forum to ask the same question. I almost feel as though this cover is easier/meant for when it is on the trailer. It is not fun putting on while in the water and I haven’t even put it on fully in the front due to the fact I put my boat in slip front forward…

any cover suggestions would be appreciated!!

Bakeys

Seaman
22DLX Party Barge here. Same issue as the rest of you. That cover sucks to install/remove while on the boat. Even on the trailer it's a very tight fit. (Hard to believe that's a bad thing.)
I've been web surfing looking for an rail-lock extension system that would free things up just enough to make it a little easier.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
y'all need to look to have a custom mooring cover made.