Pontoon Boats

Namron

Cadet
Looking at buying a new pontoon / party barge with a 90 hp on it. What is your opinion on blown styrofoam vs pressurized air? And any other concerns or comments. Thanks

jollymon

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Pontoon Boats

Namron,<br /><br />I assume that you are talking about the tube. Foam filled VS. Air filled. Frist, the air filled tubes are not pressurized. They will hold air, and adding pressure is just to check for leaks. <br /><br />Now to answer foam vs air. If you go with a foam filled tube and you get a leak, you are in a bad place. There is no way to dry the foam out and you will always have wet foam. That will cause things like a list, performace issues, and trailer weight. If you have an air filled tube and you get a leak, you drain the tube, take the boat to your local welder and fix the leak. You are done.<br /><br />I would only do an air filled tube.

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: Pontoon Boats

Kelly that was a great thread as I learned a lot about toon boats from it. Almost convinced me not to buy one. :eek: <br /><br />Namron<br />On the upside is all the deck space and able to take a lot of people out. <br />With my growing family I'm looking at toon boats..being able to take my daughter and her husband and 4 kids out makes a difference......<br />lots of space.<br /><br />Link