Political Nostradamus?

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer
Ok, the elections are about four weeks away. There has been a bit of a politcal bombshell what with the Foley situation and all.

Does anyone care to predict the next four weeks and the outcome of the elections?

The rules to this topic are:

No bad mouthing the other guys candidates, party or predictions.

My prediciton is:

There will be a political bombshell of some sort on the Democratic side that will be rumored to have been set by the Republicans. It will occur in the last week of the campaign which will limit the Democrats chance of recovery.

Still the Dems will take a narrow majority in the house but still remain the minority party in the senate.

Any takers? If you post, please remember the rules.

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Political Nostradamus?

I choose to go with the crystal ball gazing done by the Times people.
They wondered why the Karl Rove club is so quiet and self confident and came up with the answer that the republican party has made vote gathering a science. They have an extremely well oiled organisation set up exclusively to bring out the vote and although the odds are against them,they only have to loose a little.They do not need to win to stay in power.With the redistricting that has been going on in the past few years,the odds are really stacked in favor of the republicans.
My prediction is that the democrats will win a few seats,but the republicans will stay in power.My hope is that the democrats will take over the house and the senate.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

No.

There is a full moon scheduled for November 5th..... (very close to election day) there is more documentation on the "lunar effect" that is responsible for "crazy" events. This will have an effect (or at least someone will blame the full moon).

Your predictions sound plausable.

My prediction ........ Gas prices going up that week.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

180px-Johnny_as_carnac.jpg

Low voter turn out.....

PW2

Commander

I will predict a dem takeover in both the house and the senate.

I am not particularly a big fan of the dems, but if they can't win now with the Repubs in virtual meltdown on every front imaginable, they need to find a different line of work.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

The so called "swing" voters, aka "sheeple" have been told by the media that republicans are "bad" and the democrats will do something "different".

And therefore the democrats will probably win quite a few seats.

Ken

oddjob

Commander

Ah yes...now enter Harry Reid.....8)

Should I stay! (home), or should I vote!
na na! na na! na! na!

:p

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I predict more pigs will step up to the trough. any bets ?