Points to ponder on immigration PLUS "todays lazy generation"

Kenneth Brown

Captain
All right folks you wanted the truth then heres my take on it. So many of you are wrapped up in your little world of imiganation. You say we need the illegals to pick the fruits. We need the illegals to mow the lawn. We need the illegals to do the jobs we don't WANT to do. Not ten mainutes later you will be complaining about todays lazy kids. All they do is sit inside and play video games and talk on their cell phone. See a connection? I'm only 31 so I can relate to both sides. Quite frankly I'm sick and tired of illegals. They ARE doing the work we don't WANT to do. That also means when they are doing it your 12-17 yearold kid CAN'T be doing it either. My dad made sure that I didn't lay around all day. Before he went to work he would drop me off at the "day labor" corner. Today I might be roofing. Tommorrow I might be tying steel. Each day was something different. I did get to keep my money but I WORKED for it. We had the awnser to todays generation problems and simply let the illegals take over our kids future.

Skinnywater

Commander
Re: Points to ponder on immigration PLUS "todays lazy generation"

Most of the food service, maid, and other domestic type work is done by illegals.<br />These are jobs that are perfect for single moms, bored housewives, empty nesters, etc.<br /><br />I do see your point...However,<br /><br />About 15 years ago I stopped at a crew that were pruneing in a Walnut orchard. They were on the row that was next to the road. I asked the one that could speak a little broken english if he could come to my house and teach me how to prune my young fruit trees. I told him I'd pay his price in cash.<br />Later that evening he spent a couple hours teaching me how to prune. We drank a few cervesa's and talked a little. Modesto said he and his brothers ( the others in his crew)we're illegal and in the course of payment he told me they all made (each, 15 years ago)the standard $250 on a 10 hour day. <br />Throughout the years he brought his various vehicles to me to get advice or do minor work on them. Back then it was an old Honda Civic. Lately he's driving a 2002 Silverado and his wife hauls the family around in a '98 Toy Fourunner.<br />Modesto now drives a 18 wheeler hauling produce out of the fields. <br />I read in our local paper this past May that one of his daughters has graduated from the local High School on the Deans list along with a great number of last names that also are hispanic in origin.<br />
Quite frankly I'm sick and tired of illegals. They ARE doing the work we don't WANT to do.
I also have a problem with the "illegal" part of this scenario. <br />But if little Jimmy Johnson's priority is what color to dye his hair, while Juan Ramirez is popping out A's in school and pushing a lawn mower on Saturday, I say muy bueno .

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Its the big picture. Parents are not allowed to be parents any more. Now they have to be "friends" or they'll be reported to Social Services. You can't put your boot in their arse any more and tell them to mow the lawn, that isn't acceptable in todays touchy-feely hug fest treat your kids as equals mentality. My arse was out mowin' and rakin' and whatever else it took to get some scratch in my pocket. You better believe I was a chore doin' individual as well. By the time I was a teenager, I was responsible for the cleanliness of the entire house. Mom had to work, she had to get the food, and she had to cook. My job was to pull the slack. You think you are going to se a lot of teenagers do that now-a-days? They're too busy doing nothing, and not having any responsibilities. They will grow up to be very poor contributions to society...

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

grandparents were legal immigrants and they worked in the coal mines of PA, so dont know that being legal VS illegal gets you any better paying job <br /><br />GP on my moms side changed their name from Ohiggins to Higgins as the O made it too Irish dont ya know.<br /><br />Know a little about kids working - neighbors cannot FIND a kid to mow their lawns or rake leaves or any other jobs kids can and should do for $$. <br /><br />Neighbors kid WONT do it he sits at home playing video games and the neighbors have ASKED him and said no...

Skinnywater

Commander

Another sad fact is, I was very tierd watching my three daughters sit around the house.<br />All three hit the bricks with good grades and a stack of job applications.<br />It was the same old story, "I'm sorry, insurance regulations won't allow me to hire anyone under the age of 18."

KRS

Banned

I was on the Rotary Club scholarship committee, most of the awards went to immigrant's kids because EVEN THOUGH they learned english on their own while attending school, they STILL had higher grades, more activities, more service, .... just better kids.<br /><br />So here's another example of money leaving our kids for someone more worthy.

PW2

Commander

I'm curious. Just what sort of threat do these people pose generally to you?<br /><br />I want to be outraged as well, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why.<br /><br />I do know what will do it, however. If you folks get what you want, and a head of lettuce starts costing me $6 or more, now that'll really torque me off! <br /><br />As far as lazy kids, I don't know about that. People will normally do what is necessary to survive, and if they are lazy it is because someone is providing what they need for survival.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Why would it cost $6? Let these kids that got screwed out of jobs do the work. <br /><br />What kind of threat? Are you serious? Go somewhere else, like where lettuce does grow and you will understand. The people are not just coming to America in search of a better life. The ones that come are wanting to turn America into Mexico. My mom DID live in a nice neighborhood. All decent working/retired people. Now its a slum. Her neighbor passed away last year. The day of the funeral a mexican was there with cash to buy the 1 bedroom trailer house. There are 8 people living in that place. They also have 2 men living in the stoarge shed. That makes 10. There is now a small travel trailer behind the house, hooked to the plumbing and all. 5 live there. Thats 15 people at one place. The people put trash out by the road knowing that the city will not pick up tires, batteries, stoves, etc. How do they know? Because there is already 15 similair piles laying by the road. The children run wild. I have almost hit several kids. Sat night one of them ran under my truck while I was waiting for another of the ignorants to move out of the road. I just happened to glance down in my mirror and noticed some legs RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY REAR TIRES! I don't hate all immigrants, just the stupid illegal ones. My first serious girlfriend was a mexican immigrant. Adrianna came to America when she was 3, LEGALLY. She joined the Airforce in 92 and is still in, an officer no less. <br /><br />If lettuce does make it to $6 a head let me know. Some of the small time farmers in my area could use a boost. Heck if it fixes our problem I'll even subsidize the cost of lettuce for you myself.

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

Let's face it folks, Native Americans had a weak immigration policy and take a look at where they are now. Could we be next? <br /><br />Some of the problem will be addressed when the need for a Passport to leave or get back into the US phases in over the next 2 1/2 years. Meanwhile here on Long Island NY the local buiding departments are shutting down boarding houses with dozens of day workers and kicking them into the street. Something to do with health and housing standards.

monoshock

Petty Officer 1st Class

You might as well face it the Latinos are slowly taking over the USA :rolleyes: , can’t beat them so join them. I made sure my daughter took every Spanish class in school that was offered so she would be ready.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Don't count the American kid out!!! Where I live, a basic middle class city, "AMERICAN"!!! kids, black or white are bagging groceries in the Super Markets,working on the waterfront and working in the local restaurants for minimum wages!! One legal immigrant in our city started out in a dunkin donuts washing floors and now owns 7 of them :D The only threat to an American kid working bettering one self is the parent!!! And one simple thing that a parent should teach there child is, "There is no such thing as "I CAN"T"!!!! <br /><br />As far as Jasons statement"Parents aren't allowed to be parents" is "CRAPE"!!!! Kids having Kids don't want to be parents after they have a kid!!! The young parent misses there friends and partying because they need to feed the baby and change thier diapers!! Anybody that thinks they need to put a boot to someones bottom shouldn't be a parent!!! ;) :cool:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

My 9 yr old helps me cut the grass, pushes the mower, etc. He will be cutting grass for money, just like his old man did.<br /><br />He rarely plays video games. I wont let him play video games when it is nice outside.<br /><br />I agree with you about illegal alien latinos trying to bring Mexico with them. 50 yrs ago, immigrants would do anything including chaning their names to fit in. Now they wont even learn the language.<br /><br />Ken

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

do jobs nobody wants to do huh....come out to california ,,,,illigals make from 10 to 35 dollars an hour millions of them ,,,,,,,if any of you are poor in the states east of here they are taking the low skill high paying jobs ,and creating cliks or groups that wont let anyone but illigals /mexacans in....no joke all the imigration workers are mexicans or minoritys also..........im sick of fighting it im to old ,,,i would like to here there plan though ,,,,but i dont think they have one other than screwing the man in any way they can...

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Kenneth Brown!!!<br /><br />I don't know the housing laws where you come from, but where I live there is a "Board of Health" regulation that tells you how many people that can live in a house according to bedroom size!!! Ya can't go packing 15 people in a three bed flat around here!!! Talk to your board of health department!!! ;) :cool:

tommays

Admiral

well in NY the schools are trying there best to make it shamefull to do manual work for a liveing<br /><br />most of the many trades that we used to able learn in the 11th and 12th grade have been cut from 50+ to about 10<br /><br />1/2 of day trade 1/2 day class = someone leaveing school who can do something usefull<br /><br />BUT NO we live in a HIGH TECK WORLD we dont need plumbers at least the school system doesent think so<br /><br />so now i got people with this better regents diploma who now cant do anything not even read a ruler ;) <br /><br />tommays

D

DJ

PW2 Wrote:<br /><br />
I'm curious. Just what sort of threat do these people pose generally to you?<br /><br />
Well, PW2, for someone that is living in SS Marie, MI, you are clueless.<br /><br />The Mexico/US border is WIDE OPEN. That doesn't always mean poor Mexicans migrating north, that also means TERRORISTS. But, then again, SS Marie is SAFE from terrorists. What would they blow up? You'll be fine.<br /><br />As a sidenote, I envy you, being out of the attack area.<br /><br />Living in Phoenix, AZ, it's a crisis. Shall I name a few.<br /><br />1. Crime. Voted (Maricopa County/Phoenix) #1 in car theft. They go right through (south) into Mexico. The Fedaralis let them through.<br /><br />2. Murder.<br /><br />3. Property theft.<br /><br />4. Rape.<br /><br />Note: Even the local (liberal) news media can no longer hide the hispanic names or their citizenship, to their major disappointment.<br /><br />For someone, in the UP of MI, to tell me it's NOT an issue, is an INSULT.<br /><br />WAKE UP people, the terrorists are HERE and they came through the Mexican/US-porous border. Sometimes Canada. It seems our freinds in Canada have a different standard for those entering the US from those entering Canada from the US.<br /><br />Why does one think the "Minute Men" came about. No, they're NOT a bunch of nut jobs, they're REAL people that recognized that our country is being invaded-quietly, yet effectively.<br /><br />The politicians are slow to react. Why? Illegals vote. That's another question.<br /><br />There is going to be major blood on their (politicians) hands.<br /><br />This whole thing is silly, stupid and just defies common sense. <br /><br />I'm all for a new Ellis Island, or, for those that want to work here and return home, on a regualr basis. But, WE HAVE TO KNOW WHO IS HERE.<br /><br />The American individul non comprehension of this issue is mind boggling.

Grant S

Petty Officer 2nd Class

How does an illegal get to vote?

D

DJ

How does an illegal get to vote?
Very easy. One does not even need to show drivers license, here in AZ. Plus, there is a major iniative, here, and in CA, to give illegals drivers licenses. A license, here, is the same as a voter registration card, IF anybody asks.<br /><br />In the last election, I could have voted numerous times, if I was so inclined.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Flyrod, while I was doing some police work a week ago, a do-gooder called 911 because "some guy was beating his child with books" at the beach. He swatted her little insolent back-talking butt with a Newsweek magazine. She was being a little brat right there while we were questioning the father. We had more witnesses backing the father than the do-gooder, but make no mistake, you cannot be the kind of parent today that my parent was when I was young.<br /><br />Go talk to some parents whose children were removed from the home because the little brat was told to get off of their butt or were told they couldn't do whatever, and they went to school and told teacher the parents were abusing them. It happens all the time, so don't tell me I am full of crapp.<br /><br />Look around, this ain't your fathers world any more...

PW2

Commander

DJ,<br /><br />It sounds like you are finding out what the rest of us in the north have known for many decades, and that is in larger urban areas, the crime rate tends to be disproportionally higher among economically disadvantaged populations.<br /><br />It is nothing new.<br /><br />And while "illegals" and crime may well be a symptom of the problem, it is not the whole problem, and ridding us of them is not likely to solve the problem completely.<br /><br />It's going to take a rational immigration policy, lots of expensive enforcement, economic opportunity, and the political will to spend the necessary money to get the job done.<br /><br />A few vigilantes at the border is not likely to achieve the results you are looking for, I am afraid.<br /><br />And I am not sure what you are referring to regarding the Canadian/ US border and the relative policies, but I cross the border at least a couple times a week, and the Canadian authorities are at least as concerned with Americans entering Canada illegally as the reverse---And they are especially concerned with illegal firearms entering Canada, or massively over possession limit of fish and game leaving Canada.