Poetic justice or is the system screwed up?

Kenneth Brown

Captain
I do'nt know about this case. I understand the ladies point but the prosocutor is right also. I think its the states way of saying don't mess with us, we will win in the end. Heres the story-<br /><br />Woman Who Videotaped Sex With Prosecutor Indicted<br />Suspect, Her Attorney Face Charges<br /><br />POSTED: 6:49 pm EST December 15, 2004<br />UPDATED: 7:21 pm EST December 15, 2004<br /><br />LOUISVILLE -- A woman who made a secret videotape of her relations with a former prosecutor now is facing criminal charges.<br /><br /><br /> <br />Suspect, Her Attorney Face Charges <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /><br />Erica French and her attorney, Kenneth Daniels, are accused of breaking Kentucky law by videotaping her having sex with the man who was prosecuting her, WLKY NewsChannel 32's John Charlton reported Wednesday. They'll both be arraigned on those indictments in a Louisville courtroom Monday morning. <br /><br />A grand jury indicted French and Daniels for video voyeurism. The pair told WLKY in May that they rigged her Jefferson County apartment with a hidden camera because they wanted video proof that Hardin County prosecutor Robert Stevens offered to drop drug charges against French in return for sex.<br /><br />They claimed she was the victim in all this, and even though the sex occurred, the Jefferson County Commonwealth's Attorney's Office turned around and slapped felony charges on French and Daniels, Charlton reported.<br /><br />Commonwealth Attorney David Stengel said the two broke Kentucky law by videotaping a sex act without Stevens' consent and then distributing the tape.<br /><br />"Once we started investigating, we enhanced the sound on the film and listened to what was said and everything," Stengel said. "And then we looked at the video voyeurism statute and went, 'Wow, we've got a possible violation here.'"<br /><br />Stevens was fired in June. The Hardin County Commonwealth's Attorney's Office declined to comment on Wednesday's development, Charlton reported.<br /><br />French and Daniels each could get one to five years in prison if convicted of video voyeurism, which is a felony.<br /><br />Please follow WLKY NewsChannel 32 and TheLouisvilleChannel.com for updates to this story as they become available.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Poetic justice or is the system screwed up?

I've said this before.<br /><br />The stupidest things men do in their lives are done because of women and lust.<br /><br />There. I've said it again.<br /><br />Now, the question is: Is this a suitable subject for a family site?

Kenneth Brown

Captain

JB- I think that it is. Anybody that is old enough to read this should be old enough to understand what is going on here. Since our earlier fiasco I have been ever viligant about what I post. I feel that this is something that is not a troll, not un-family friendly, and not over the line with name calling. This is a family site, although its not Disney and is not actually created for kids, its made for adults who purchase Iboats goods. I am not posting pictures of scantily clad woman. I am not talking about doing things to those same woman, nor am I using vulger laungauge or name calling. I am simply posting an article of interest that I feel most here would like to debate about. However, if you feel its in you to can it and it in the best interest of Iboats then do so.<br /><br />Respectfully, Kenneth Brown

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That was a question, Ken. Not a statement or a troll.<br /><br />I don't know everything all the time... or even part of the time.<br /><br />If you were uncomfortable with it I don't think you would have posted it.<br /><br />I would be uncomfortable discussing it with my 10 year old granddaughter who is old enough to read it. Maybe I am just old fashioned, but maybe that is why I have this task. :)

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Thank you sir. I am sorry if I came across as being harsh. I am trying to be extremely careful in my postings here, I don't want to be the next Ray. I am sorry again if I come off wrong. Its almost as if we have a war between us, and we both know that that is NOT true. I respect you. You have tons of wisdom gained through lifes experiance (had to add that old man thing didn't I? :?) ) and I feel like many of us benefit from it. If its out of line please remove it, I won't cry about this one. I feel like its ok and appropriate but if you feel differently then kill it. I understand your position.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Anybody else have an opinion about the prosocution of this case?

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Well,<br />It wasn't like she was going to get an OK from the DA's office to tape it.<br />Now the big question would be. Why did she answer yes and tape that part of it? The DA offering to drop charges in exchange of certain "favors" would have been enough to charge him.<br /><br />As my answer to JB on this one. There is absolutely nothing, as of yet, that would not be openly available in a newspaper. My children have been encouraged to read the paper from the time they were old enough to read. Does this kind of thing come up and cause them to ask questions, yes it does. Handling those questions is called parenting.<br /><br />AK Chappy

NYMINUTE

Captain

Her neame was FRENCH....That figures. :p