PLZ Help! Is a '96 Evinrude 90 oceanpro a ficht engine?

jjboor

Seaman
PLZ Help! Is a '96 Evinrude 90 oceanpro a ficht engine?

Hi,<br /><br /> I am about to buy a 1996 Evinrude 90 hp "ELPTO?" OceanPro, the engine looks great and is for sale with remote and "displays". powertrim, tilt etc.<br /><br />Now my question is: Is this a ficht engine? for I heard that from this year I'd do better not to buy one. And does anyone know if this is good model/year?<br /><br />If you know anything, Plz. don't hold back they are rather expensive here in holland and I'd hate to buy a really expensive anchor. :( <br /><br />I can't put a picture here so I'll give the dealers email http://www.jvbootservice.nl/ @ this adress it's nr. 140 blue and whithe engine?

muskrat

Chief Petty Officer
Re: PLZ Help! Is a '96 Evinrude 90 oceanpro a ficht engine?

FICHT CAME OUT IN 1998,THE MODEL#SHOULD BE E90SLEDR I THINK??.MAKE SURE YOU GET SOMEBODY ELSE TO CHECK COMPRESSION & GEAR OIL FOR WATER OR MILKY OIL..

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

90 ELPTO<br /><br />E-electric start<br />L-long shaft (20 inches<br />PT-power tilt and trim<br />O-oil injected<br /><br />Good engine, if it was taken care of.

Ficht actually came out in 1997 for the evinrude. The only hp for that year was 150. Then in 1998 johnson got the ficht and it was in the 150.

jjboor

Seaman

Thanks for the answers!<br /> The engine has always been running in saltwater. It looks as if they have taken good care of it, but the fact that it is a salt water motor does make me a bit suspicious, and also the fact that they priced it rather cheaper then the rest of their engines... I mean they are also dutch, no? ;-)<br /><br />hmmmm I think I'll pass...