Plug...

Ahles

Recruit
What plug? I thought you had put the plug in! lol<br /><br />We just launched our boat and my girlfriend drove up the ramp to park the truck. We noticed that the boat was taking on water and we were a 150 foot from the dock.... fortunately my girlfriend answered her cell phone and ran down quickly with the plug. I have a jet boat so everyone was helping me paddle to the shore since the boat wouldnt start! yikes

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Plug...

Has happened to most of us one time or another. Probably the single most common trick!<br /><br />Welcome to our board.<br /><br />Bob

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Gee! i've done that twice so far, the second time i jumped overboard and inserted the spare plug which i keep on board after the first experience, the water was freezing cold :( <br />and make sure that your bilge pump works.

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good I dea Vlad, I would have to go under my drive unit, however being cold and wet is better than being without a boat. I think I will put an x-tra plug in the glove box, I have a brass plug and am thinking I'll weld a T handle on the spare so I can get it tight to get to the shore.<br />Again great idea.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

2 types of boaties. Those who have done it and those who lie about it. :D <br /><br />Chris...........

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Third type...<br />Those with insufficient experience to have had THAT experience.<br /><br />I've only had my boat for one season and only out 6-8 times. I'm sure it will happen this next season. :( :)