Pleasnt dreams down under

I'll catch you all Yesterday morning. Talk about crash and burn. Oh well, no good deed goes unpunished.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander
Re: Pleasnt dreams down under

Pleasant dreams?? probably so, don't they sleep upsidedown under there? :eek: :p :D :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

I think it is insideout? Those guys down under rock!

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Upside down, inside out, on our heads.... Any way we can.<br /><br />At the moment I'm have a lot of trouble sleeping. I'm up in Kamchatka, and this 'sunset at midnight' thing is driving me nuts! I'm used to going to bed and sleeping about 2-3 hours AFTER sundown. How do you people who live in these places (serious high lats) cope? Don S, any hints for a 'tropical'?<br /><br />Chris...........

Dunaruna

Admiral

Who can sleep? All that northern hemisphere sport is keeping me up late at night :eek: :eek: <br /><br />BTW, I'm NOT currently logged onto iboats,and yet I can post - what gives????<br /><br />Aldo

Late at night or early in the morning, good sport is always fun. ;) Talk to you this winter in the AM or in my case the next summer PM, or is it the the other way 'round?<br />achris: The only suggestion I have is to remember all things a relative. Of course a belt of 18 year old scotch wiskey might help... :D

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Achris<br /><br />After years on shift work, you get used to sleeping at anytime. (18 y/o scotch helps though)<br /><br />Problem is the boat needs fixing so you cant stay long enough to get used to it.<br /><br />GR

I liked the swing shift. you got the differntial and could get things done during the day. Mids were like days. you were eiter at work or asleep. ;)

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

TS, dead on. I work thirds. I get home at 9:00am (when I would probably awaken anyway if left to my own devices) then decide whether I want to fish, or work on some chore, or sleep. Whole day is mine 7 days a week. No more having to rush to the bank, the post office, anywhere. I do what I want during business hours, work when the world is sleeping, and sleep when I can/want to. I personally can function with 3 hours here and 2 hours there. This is my first time working third shift in about 8 years and I forgot how great it is! :)

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey there Stiff Nibbles, just hold onto that thought for a while and see if you still feel the same after a few months!<br />It is indeed a good shift to get to the shopping and bank and the jobs do get done, but it soon wears thin and the sleeplessness takes over in an insidious manner. Sometimes you'll find yourself yawning earlier in the day than you thought you'd normally feel tired. After a while you'll find a wee bit of tiredness floating in during working hours (night) and you'll just flick that off as normal. Next thing you'll go back to days and wonder how you ever got along on nights without enough sleep!<br />It sneaks up and gets you when you least expect it to! I know, after 18+ years of nights.<br />Ross