Please tell me more about this baja boat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milkmaster

Cadet
I have found this nicely kept 1993 Baja Islander 180 w/4.3L engine. Please look at the picture. Besides the normal things like transom/stringer wood rot, fiberglass integrity, etc, Is there any known problems I should be looking for that are associated with this model?

Is there a common test procedure to check things like the gimble bearing and lower unit besides just taking the boat to the water and giving her a run?

This boat does not have an hour meter on it. Any tell tale signs to estimate hours of usage?

MikDee

Banned
Re: Please tell me more about this baja boat!

Whoa! That's a Nice Boat! There is a section on this forum that tells you what to look for, give that a shot, and sea test the boat if you can, while watching gauges, listening for any odd noises, and checking how it performs.
Good Luck, she's a beauty! I'm sure there will be others posting on here shortly to offer good advice. Mike

rndn

Commander

Welcome to the forum and it looks like a very nice boat. I had an 89 Baja Force 216 with the 5.7 mercruiser and loved the boat. It took 3 foot waves in stride and kept going. My boat had a balsa-core construction as I'm pretty sure yours does as well. Very strong way to put together boats and the hulls built this way are strong and solid. I owned my Baja for 10 years and never had an issue with the boat or drivetrain. Baja really knows how to put boat together for the long haul. Congrats.

Milkmaster

Cadet

Still looking for some model specific info please if anyone has some. Thanks for those who already participated.

sfborn

Cadet

Did you buy the Baja? I am looking at buying a '93 islander with the 4.3LX. Would love to hear your experience with the boat.

cpubud

Chief Petty Officer

2 year old post who knows

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah ^^^^ and we need to let it die so I closed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.