Please...not another oil catastrophe in the Gulf

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: Please...not another oil catastrophe in the Gulf

The article says 6 barrels of oil . . . probably manageable.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Just a friendly Modulational reminder . . . No Big Oil or Political comments please. Sure way to get this thread in trouble :)

I prefer synthetic :eek:

kfa4303

Banned

Amen. 6 barrels, 6,000, or 6,000,000 it's sad either way. as Bubba said, perception is everything. Where are the petrol-free flux capacitors when we need them?

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Perception is stronger than truth and right now the Gulf has the perception of problems from the oil spill. (Tourism and fishing) They just don't need things like this happening right now.

I remember the early hours and days of our last event....turned out substantially different. I watched my event calendar dwindle to ZERO and it has only started to return to some level of "normal" this season.

I guess we'll do the same as last time.....wait and see:facepalm:

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

252 gallons floating in a fishery that has NOT recovered?

Nice.

62 ROYAL SCOTT

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's why we need to grow -- hemp--to make oil and 1999 other products

Woodnaut

Chief Petty Officer

I've worked for petroleum service companies for the past 32 years, and lived on the Gulf Coast. I've seen the industry and the people in it change dramatically. Safety and the environment really are the highest priorities - especially offshore. When the Deepwater Horizon explosion occurred on April 20, 2010, everyone around here started holding their breath. I was in on some of the intervention strategy meetings and I just can't tell you how many people worked without sleep, without family and without home to put this ugly genie back in the bottle. It was a nightmare or the worst proportions and the effort made to get it back under control was intense. (As it should have been.) Nobody - inside or outside of this industry - wants so much as a teaspoon of oil on the water. :facepalm: There is just no room in the offshore oilfields for dangerous or careless people.

rivermouse

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Talking about polution is taboo here.