Please Help Volvo 3.0 Overheat!

rogerz2424

Recruit
Hi I could really use some help . I have a 2003 Volvo penta 3.0 gs with sx. It over heated about two seasons ago and i cut it down and towed in and am still trying to fix it. Nothing i have changed so far was significanlty broken. Impeller fine- replaces. circulating pump fine-replaced, themostat fine- replaced. I boiled out the riser and put everything back together and it ran good on the ear muffs. So i had it in the salt water last week and it was idleing fin and good to around 7-10 mph. After that wat will happen is when you start cruising the riser will heat up so much so that the rubber bellow between the riser and exaust is melted. Now i took off the riser and it looks like it my be blocked again. I wanted to take off the manifold but the exaust pipe is in the way an seems impossible to remove without an overhaul. When it overheated thio i think the only thing that set off the alarm was the exaus temo sensor. Because the engine was still getting cold water ( ifelt the hoses and themor housing and felt the block. Only after i shut it down for a minute did the high temp register on the temp guage! Any help i would really appreciate i have been spinning my wheels here! And do u hafta pull the motor to remove the exaust pipe!