Please help identify year

bowhuntrrl

Petty Officer 1st Class
I just bought this recently. The serial number tag is missing and I need to order some parts (thermostat, impeller or pump kit). I found a number on one of the housings inside the engine compartmet that says 89. Is this a 1989? I posted pics of both the ignition side and the cover. I hope someone can help me narrow down the year of this, I would greatly appreciate it. I would also appreciate any advice on good sources for parts. I should mention this is a 50 HP motor.Thanks.

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 0
  • ign.jpg
    ign.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 0

pipestone guy

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Please help identify year

I have a 89 Force 50 it looks the same as yours, however yours could be anywhere from a 88 on up. Does it have a small tag on the side of the motor mount? THis tag would be the serial number and model number.

Example: Model Number on mine 507P9B first two digits are HP the fifth digit is the last digit of the year. I did not see the model number listed anywhere else on my motor. (Just checked- to help you out)

I am not an expert, but I believe the impeller is fairly standard for a range of years. Hope this helps

bowhuntrrl

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Please help identify year

I have a 89 Force 50 it looks the same as yours, however yours could be anywhere from a 88 on up. Does it have a small tag on the side of the motor mount? THis tag would be the serial number and model number.

There was a sticker on the port side transom bracket that is missing, looks like it peeled off. I think this was the model/serial number sticker. I will see if parts from an '89 will work . Seems like that year is hard to find parts for, at least from what I've seen so far.