PLEASE HELP 89 force 85 carb problem

emcemt

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 11, 2006
Messages
2
Hi all...i'm new to the forum but I have a problem with my 1989 force 85hp outboard. I had the powerhead rebuilt about a month ago and since then have been having throttle issues. The boat starts and runs fine at low rpm...but when you give it throttle it just dies out. I had no spark on the 3rd cylinder and replaced the coil and now am running on all three cylinders again. I have noticed a loss of suction on the third (bottom) carb though...and it spits out gas. I was thinking perhaps reed valve???? Anyone have any ideas????
 

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
21,961
Re: PLEASE HELP 89 force 85 carb problem

Welcome to iboats.

I would suspect the reeds also.
Worth inspecting them.
Perhaps they were damaged, or not installed correctly during the rebuild.

Keep us posted.
 

emcemt

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 11, 2006
Messages
2
Re: PLEASE HELP 89 force 85 carb problem

could it be the float in the carb??
 
Top