playing hookie

skeezx01

Petty Officer 2nd Class
had to burn some vacation friday so i thought a solo fishing trip to the local lake was in order. went out and loaded truck and boat thursday night under the cover of darkness and when friday morning came i left the house like i was going to work at the normal time(6:00). ;) got to the lake and put in at the ramp and while pulling the boat off the trailer and to the end of the dock it happened. the dock is one of those floatie jobs and at 6:30 it was dewey, oh did i mention i always wear western boots? yeah, the dock rolled a little and WHAMMO, up to my armpits in water. did hold onto the bowline though! it's a good thing there arn't may onlookers at 6:30 am. :D <br />fishing with a wet a$$ is not as much fun but as they say a bad day of fishing is still better than any day at work!

KaGee

Admiral
Re: playing hookie

LOL!! :D <br /><br />Glad somebody doesn't take themselves so seriously that they can afford a laugh at themselves.<br /><br />So Skeez... get a little chaffed wearing that wet underwear all day??? ;)

skeezx01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

who wears underwear in the summer? ;) and yes the crappie were hungry for a while.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

One should be careful using "crappie" and "underwear" in the same sentence. :p :D <br /><br />just a thought

Seamus

Seaman

My brother and I were going fishing one winter morning and there was ice on everything including the ramp. As I tried to walk down the inclined ramp to the dock I fell on my keister and slid ALL the way down the ramp to the dock (about 30 ft.) I got up, a little unsteady, and figured what the hell, at least I got here in one piece. My brother, who was already on the boat, pointed up the dock to where my hat was sitting at the top, of course. I could not get enough traction on that ice to get even two feet back up the dock. Had to jump down into the water and walk back up the ramp to the top so I could put my hat on and slide back down again. All good fun.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Good fun until your clothes start to freeze. Been there, done that, got the hospital bill.... :D

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

A classic I've seen a few times is folks pull up to the gas dock on some of our area lakes and toss the eye of their bow line over a cleat on the dock, so the boat won't get away then hop out and go inside to the store.<br /><br />Some of these lines are 15' long, but its dead calm water---- so they don't snug them up-----<br /><br />When they left, the boat was sitting where they'd left it,,,, sort of like parking a car,,, <br /><br />or it would often even drift towards the dock and be right there brushing up against it waiting when they came out.<br /><br />Typically;<br />They'd come out carrying 3 cases of beer, a bag of ice, and a bag of peanuts,,, step down onto the side of the boat,,,,,,,, <br /><br />and it would move away BEFORE they got on board.

Seamus

Seaman

Originally posted by Steve Huminski:<br /> Good fun until your clothes start to freeze. Been there, done that, got the hospital bill.... :D
Well, rubber wellies and rain pants don't really become a problem if they do freeze a little. I'm pretty stupid I guess, but after having waded in the Puget Sound in January I decided it was time to buy the wellies :)