Play in steering

Woodrow246

Seaman
Anyone have an idea if you can adjust the backlash/play in the steering on a lund '04 fisherman or similar setup.

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Play in steering

If the pin that connects the steering rod to the motor appears to be solid, the only thing I can think of would be to check where the steering wheel connects to the cable. You're getting this from a relative novice, however, so hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.

Actually, even though your boat is a Lund, I think your question is general enough that it could be moved to the top forum regarding boating questions, non-engine related. Might get more hits.

Woodrow246

Seaman
Re: Play in steering

If the pin that connects the steering rod to the motor appears to be solid, the only thing I can think of would be to check where the steering wheel connects to the cable. You're getting this from a relative novice, however, so hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.

Actually, even though your boat is a Lund, I think your question is general enough that it could be moved to the top forum regarding boating questions, non-engine related. Might get more hits.

Thx navy jr!