planing foil, trim tabs, anti cavitating? getting confused!!

Hello, I have a 1974 17ft Slickcraft Tri-Hull. With a 1974 85hp Johnson. I have been in the motor forums and have all the data from them. Now would like to hear some info on the add-on foils and trim tabs and such. I have a hard time getting the hole-shot. Im running an old :rolleyes: (soon to replace) 17" pitched prop. with a top speed @ +or- 35mph with or without a full load. <br /><br />Will a foil help the hole-shot and planing? Or should I save my money and buy a new fishing pole?LOL ;) Any advice?

imported_JD__

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: planing foil, trim tabs, anti cavitating? getting confused!!

Hoosier Daddy <br />My 18 ft bass-type boat was somewhat slow out of the hole and the bow stood up to the point you couldn't hardly see over it, I installed one of SE Sport hydrofoils by Sport Marine Technologies. It doesn't stand up in the front, improved the hole shot and really helped on porpising.<br />JD

Thanks will definantly look at this as I am a little embarased with a tuber in tow :eek:

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

Hoosier Daddy;<br /><br />WE have published a Tech booklet which addresses boat balance and performance. If you would like a copy free of charge send your mailing address to info@Nauticusinc.com <br /><br />We manufacture Smart Tabs which have been developed specifically for small boats like yours.<br />They are automatic and speed regulated. The will reduce the bow rise on take off to a few inches (nearly nothing), infact it couldn't be considered a hole shot since there is no hole. Once on plane and cruising they are up and now act like a suspension system on your car. Eliminating porpoising, chine walking, improving ride and handling, and adding 2 to 4 mph to the top speed. Satisfaction Guaranteed! If you are towing tubes they will allow you to run your boat at or below 15 MPH on plane, without the constant throttle adjustment. If your pulling skiers, your acceleration will be smooth and effortless, like a MasterCraft. No pulling arms out of sockets!