Piston identification

myket1

Cadet
I have a 90hsp 92 Mariner outboard 3 cyl.<br /><br />I was trying to figure out exactly what pistons I have in it. I have the crankshaft removed and the only info on the pistons read "B 3133" and then "52 C" right below. It reads the same across all 3. Just curious if I was looking in the wrong place or if they must be measured with a micrometer.<br /><br />thanks for any responses in advance

Laddies

Banned
Re: Piston identification

You need to measure them and find out if it's a top guided rod or a crank guided one---Bob

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Whats the number stamped on the rods?

myket1

Cadet

Originally posted by Dhadley:<br /> Whats the number stamped on the rods?
Ok, I havae also found the number 777-815965 on the inside of the piston along with the number 30 circled. Does that indicate 30 over?<br /><br />As far as the stamp on the rods the top and bottom have a 6 and the middle is a 5.<br /><br />Thanks for helping me.

Laddies

Banned

1992 and 93 engines use a top guided rod by my book, the number tou have is the part number for a piston, what size the 30 in a circle who knows. You need to measure it--Bob

myket1

Cadet

Originally posted by Laddies:<br /> 1992 and 93 engines use a top guided rod by my book, the number tou have is the part number for a piston, what size the 30 in a circle who knows. You need to measure it--Bob
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!