pirhana propellers

dude33333

Seaman Apprentice
does anyone have experience with them? its time for a new prop and this looks like a decent deal about $100 and the blades are replaceable. just wondering if anyone has thoughts or experiences with them?<br />thanx<br />~erk

dwci97

Seaman
Re: pirhana propellers

I had a pirhana prop on my Maxum. It was fine. I liked the replaceable prop idea. Composite plastic is as good as aluminum and doesnt ding as easy. Good option to consider when it is time for a new prop. Never had any trouble with it and have since long ago sold the boat but I imagine it is still on the boat.

Snowdrggn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have one on my inflatable. Better performance than the OEM, easy and cheap on the water repair, easy and cheap pitch changes, no downtime while prop gets repaired.<br /><br />For me, the only answer!<br /><br />Nuff said?

rogerwa

Commander

I will probably put one on the next time I need a prop, which may not be too long. I boat in a shallow river that I hit bottom everytime I pass through. I just put a new vortex on it and the first time down the river, whack.. out goes a chunk. I sure would like to replace that blade for $20 instead of $75 for a new prop. If the composite withstood small hits better, that is a bonus.

reference123

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have their 4 blade on an 18 foot 225 HP open bow. Performs well, no real complaints. Got it because I kept damaging aluminum props and the ease of repairing a blade is a real plus.