Piranha Props

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerwa

Commander
What are your opinions on Piranha props with the replaceable blades. It looks like a good alternative to Aluminum.<br /><br />I have a 17ft Searay with a 130hp I/O. I would like to get more top end from the 18p I currently have. Would a 21p 4 blade be too much.<br /><br />I currently can get 4900 RPM at WOT with the 18p. Recommended WOT is 4200-4600RPM..<br /><br />Thanks for any opinions..

6MISFITZ

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Piranha Props

Every 2 inches in pitch change is around 400 Rpm.<br />17 - 21 might be too much but with Pirana's you don't need a new prop for every pitch change. I would try it because you should not exceed redline. The increase in top end might not be a huge differnce but you will have a more relaxed cruise. I'm still trying to find a seller in Ontario.<br /><br />Mike.

rogerwa

Commander
Re: Piranha Props

If you are looking for someone to sell one to you, try www.discountboatpropellers.com. They will ship to Canada.<br /><br />I am coming from a 18P prop. I have heard that an inch of Pitch takes about 200RPM off the WOT. That is how I came to the 21p prop. Pirahna will allow you to swap blades if they are the wrong size.

Status
Not open for further replies.