Pinstriping (replacement)

mametron

Cadet
I've got a '88 Bayliner Capri is good condition... Only problem... The pinstriping has worn off in areas from docks, etc. I can remove the pinstriping (hours and hours), but would like to know where I can purchase new pinstriping rolls in various colors, etc. Anyone know of a good internet site selling pinstriping made for marine use?<br /><br />Thanks!! ;)

BugTosser

Cadet
Re: Pinstriping (replacement)

West Marine, Boaters World has them.<br />Check out the catalog or web site for pricing.

djvan

Chief Petty Officer

I got mine from ebay, took a while of checking though.<br /><br />DougV>

gstanton

Chief Petty Officer

Most auto supply store have - or can get - pin striping in any size or color.

Link

Rear Admiral

If you wanted to replace them with exact replacements you could call a bayliner dealership and they will have the part numbers for them. (if still in stock) and use the wifes/girlfriends hair dryer to heat a little to pull off. Then a little acetone to wipe old glue off. There may be better products (safer) to take off glue. But thats what I did. I also used my heat gun as the wife wouldn't know what a hair dryer looked like :)

Namron

Cadet

How are you coming with the removal? I'm going to do this also. How exactly are you getting those darn stripes off?

Boise_Chief

Recruit

Off the topic, Your Capri doesn't have the L-Drive does it.(Outboard motor mounted inboard). If you do, I'd seriously consider selling it. I believe they put them in the 88-89 series. I had one and had nothing but problems. Once it went bad it stayed bad. You'll probably have to sell it to a private party. No dealerships here would take it on trade until I agreed to buy a brand new boat. Hope you don't , but good luck.<br />sean

recess

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Got a 1974 Grady White with original boot stripes. I tried "Anti-Bond 2015 Debonder" from the boatersworld catalog. Really does the job. A 1.5 oz pump bottle is about $8 and should be enough to do a complete boot stripe. I sprayed mine on, waited a few minutes and began peeling off 2 1" stripes. Came right off. It also disolves old caulking so be careful it doesn't run down the side of the boat to any thru hull fittings.