Picture post cards

Alan Taylor

Cadet
Hi all,<br />I am new on here and only came on because I had a couple of engine questions that were answered.<br /><br />I an English but live in Holland<br /><br />Would I be out of order asking if some of you would send my partner (Sonja) post cards? There are 2 reasons for this request, firstly Sonja deals with all the bills etc and gets a bit fed up dealing with the administration (we have a small cleaning company) so a few cards would brighten up her day.<br /><br />The other reason and just as important is that I help out in the local Colledge by motivating youngsters to take an interest in there English language lessons (it works too :)any cards sent would end up in the school brightening up the walls. The motive is that "if" you take your studies seriously you could visit here (holiday/work) and be understood etc.<br /><br />If you are still reading this the address is <br />Sonja Willemstein<br />Oltmansstraat 21<br />3351EE Papendrecht<br />Holland.<br /><br />Thanks for your time.<br /><br />Alan :cool:

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Picture post cards

My curiosity :rolleyes: got the better of me.<br /> Postcard to Holland is $0.70. :)

Alan Taylor

Cadet

Originally posted by Jim in Orlando:<br /> My curiosity :rolleyes: got the better of me.<br /> Postcard to Holland is $0.70. :)
Not much to pay to make some people happy :) <br /><br />Alan

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

But what if the kids can not read my writing?<br />That would kinda defeat the purpose of the whole thing, right? :D <br />Just kidding, I will get one off to you.

Alan Taylor

Cadet

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> But what if the kids can not read my writing?<br />
As long as the postie can, the students will enjoy seing where you all live bearing in mind that Holland is so flat we don't do hill starts when doing the driving test :D :D <br /><br />Alan ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Oh then you would be in big doo-doo here in the sticks then, where when I step out my front door, it is hills all around my place.

aspeck

Staff member

First, welcome aboard! Secondly, I live in hill country, so will see if I can find a good post card and get it off to ya! Have a great day!

Alan Taylor

Cadet

Thanks for the reception lads. I have a mate who lives in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains Carolina. We have never met but have been on a UK site for 5 years now. He and his wife are coming over to stay with us for a couple of days then is off to the UK to be passed around from family to family (Anglers) I will meet up with him again at the end of his trip in Scotland for a weekends Common Skate fishing, then back to Amsterdam and home.<br /><br />Cheers<br /><br />Alan

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Hmmmm, maybe if I send Sonja a picture of my boat.... she might want to come visit me. :)

phatmanmike

Captain

Hmmmm, maybe if I send Sonja a picture of my boat.... she might want to come visit me. <br />
thats the best post ive seen yet ! lol<br /><br />its only fair, will you send one to me?!?<br />mike black<br />1439 21st street sw<br />largo, fl, USA<br />33770

Alan Taylor

Cadet

Originally posted by phatmanmike:<br />
Hmmmm, maybe if I send Sonja a picture of my boat.... she might want to come visit me. <br />
thats the best post ive seen yet ! lol<br /><br />its only fair, will you send one to me?!?<br />mike black<br />1439 21st street sw<br />largo, fl, USA<br />33770
No problem Roscoe, if you have BB I will send you a pic of HER boat, the crew are on leave next week so it will be the week after ;) <br /><br />Mike, we are in Holland Friday, England Saturday, Wales for 5 days then back to Southern England 2 days then France, Belgium and home to Holland. You get one card, take your pick :D <br /><br />Alan ;)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Alan, what's an Englishman doing in Holland? Just curious? Visited both your country and Holland, via motorcycle a few years back. Liked them both.

Alan Taylor

Cadet

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> Alan, what's an Englishman doing in Holland? Just curious?
How long is a bit of string? :confused: <br />All down to fate, I had a good fishing business in England until the wife decided to start (or continue) playing around, combined with 10 weeks of bad weather I had to sell up, she had taken a years deposits with her :mad: <br />Bought an old VW camper van and took the next ferry.<br />Went scaffolding all over Europe for 5 years until I had an accident, no one would employ me so I started up my own little office & computor cleaning business :) which was doing fine until I got cancer in one lung. My girl friend and friends covered for me while I had the lung cut out, that was 18 months ago now and the business is picking up again :) <br />I now have a nice boat and go sea fishing when I want (weather permitting)and I have the time to write articles on fishing for magazines etc.<br />I visit Scotland once a year for the Common Skate fishing, PB of 173lbs, spent the last 3 Christmas and New year in Egypt (never again), just got back from 8 days in Wales Bass fishing. I go Carp fishing a couple of days a year and have just taken up Fly fishing (sea). I crew on a charter boat now and again, it used to be once a week until the owner sold one of the boats :( <br />I also do the odd lecture in the local colledge, motivating youngsters to concentrate on the English studies (it works too), I also help in the science dept when they disect fish, great fun but it is difficult to get the youngsters out of the class at the end of the lesson.<br /><br />Bet you wished you never asked now ;) <br /><br />Alan

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Alan Taylor:<br />
Originally posted by SBN:<br /> But what if the kids can not read my writing?<br />
As long as the postie can, the students will enjoy seing where you all live bearing in mind that Holland is so flat we don't do hill starts when doing the driving test :D :D <br /><br />Alan ;)
I live in Dallas, Texas. There ain't no hills, here.<br />But, I'll get one in the mail to you, anyway.