Pics of where you work

JaSla74

Chief Petty Officer
I saw a like thread on another forum & thought it'd be interesting to see where you guys work on my favorite site.

I've been managing movie theatres for over half my life. Recently transferred to this location & love it...

pic no longer available

Bucks45

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Pics of where you work

I'm a police officer (not me in the picture, I've got the camera). Pretty cool place to work!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I would, but have been instructed by security not to post anything about it. We have been having problems with a guy dressed as a King sneaking into the corporate offices and stealing secrets.

TilliamWe

Banned

I would love to put up pictures of where I work, but I am not allowed to take pictures, and neither is the public. So, in case you think about doing it, DO NOT take pictures of any Brinks employee, ever. That is viewed as a threat, and you will be confronted/arrested. Sorry.

Jeff-in-PA

Chief Petty Officer

I work in a machine shop where I set up, run ( program when needed ) and help out the other machinists.

Here's one of the CNC lathes I run. ( click for big pics )

That's a part for a nuclear facility that is 60" long, 32" in diameter and weighs over 5500 lbs. The raw stainless steel casting cost over $25,000 before any machining work was done to it.

angus63

Captain

merchantMarineAcademyKingsPoint.jpg

My Academy/workplace

989326045_a40fff1efe.jpg

Views

P1010196.jpg

One of many toys​

usmma1.jpg

My students / our future​

6a00e551eea4f5883401157147dfec970b-800wi

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I work in a machine shop where I set up, run ( program when needed ) and help out the other machinists.

That's a part for a nuclear facility that is 60" long, 32" in diameter and weighs over 5500 lbs. The raw stainless steel casting cost over $25,000 before any machining work was done to it.

Thought you were making a new drive shaft for your outboard :D:D

angus63

Captain

Jeff
For twenty years I made big metal into small metal. I can appreciate the effort to turn large components. I miss the challenge but not the stress of hitting dates and tolerances! 6 months of design, 3 months of tooling for the pour, 2 months to get the first off casting, 10 minutes to machine and ship to make this quarter's number. Sound familiar? Good luck. - Rich

angus63

Captain

I would, but have been instructed by security not to post anything about it. We have been having problems with a guy dressed as a King sneaking into the corporate offices and stealing secrets.

You work for the Fed. Gov't too!!!!

...sorry...:p

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

You work for the Fed. Gov't too!!!!

...sorry...:p

Nope don't work for the government (well maybe a bit according to my paycheck). The King I'm referring to is that one with the plastic head with the kings robe as seen in the TV commercials :D

Timark80

Recruit

That looks cool.
Back in 1985 I worked for a formula 1 racing boat company called Second Effort in Lake Hamilton FL.
I was a machinist apprentice and really enjoyed the work because after we machined a part we mounted it on the boat and got to see it tested on the lake right in front of the shop!
We were a Johnson & Evinrude v8 outboards and Arneson outdrive machine shop.A few big cigarrette boats came in too.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I would love to put up pictures of where I work, but I am not allowed to take pictures, and neither is the public. So, in case you think about doing it, DO NOT take pictures of any Brinks employee, ever. That is viewed as a threat, and you will be confronted/arrested. Sorry.

I just took a screen shot of your post. If you confront me, I charge you with assault, and you can't arrest me, I have a wireless keyboard. :)

Jeff-in-PA

Chief Petty Officer

Thought you were making a new drive shaft for your outboard :D:D

The mighty Merc 115 twisted that in half. I had to go bigger yet :D

Jeff
For twenty years I made big metal into small metal. I can appreciate the effort to turn large components. I miss the challenge but not the stress of hitting dates and tolerances! 6 months of design, 3 months of tooling for the pour, 2 months to get the first off casting, 10 minutes to machine and ship to make this quarter's number. Sound familiar? Good luck. - Rich

All too familiar. Now with the economy running "tight", everybody is waiting until the last minute to order, then fighting on price for a few weeks and wanting the same delivery date.

As senior machinist, I get all the cool ( PITA ) jobs. The sales guys come out and say " We just got this job. How you going to do it?" :eek:

That looks cool.
Back in 1985 I worked for a formula 1 racing boat company called Second Effort in Lake Hamilton FL.
I was a machinist apprentice and really enjoyed the work because after we machined a part we mounted it on the boat and got to see it tested on the lake right in front of the shop!
We were a Johnson & Evinrude v8 outboards and Arneson outdrive machine shop.A few big cigarrette boats came in too.

We make all kinds of parts from pieces for the military ( including a few flight simulators ) to pump parts to oil drilling components ( they can steer the drilling heads now :cool: ) to parts for pharmaceutical companies.

We made a number of parts for the Ducati factory race team for setting up the suspension on the race bikes.

Jeff-in-PA

Chief Petty Officer

Here's some other pieces I've done

That's a ball valve for some military app. This was done Daewoo CNC lathe pictured earlier. The face plate is 39" in diameter, the lathe is 60 hp with a 12 station tool turret and a 21" hydraulic chuck.

This is a testing fixture for the ejection seats in out military jet fighters. The unit stood about 10' high when finished.

This 42" long roller has slots milled the entire length. It's for a baking company that makes pretzels. The slots are for putting salt on the pretzels.

Valve assembly

More parts for the pharmaceutical company. All surfaces must be burr free and no scratches allowed at all.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

I could take a picture of my "Corporate Office" and a few of the cubes. That will pretty well cover 95% of the fellow corporate drones here.....could post a pic of my lab, but that's off-limits.....

stevenj

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry no pics of work, But I do lay out and oversee install and service of commercial industrial refrigeration systems,grocery stores, industrial chillers, etc. this will hopefully be my only refference to work, as I use this site and a few other sites as my get away from work, and I like it that way. to be able to come home and work on the boat or be able to throw an antique/classic outboard in the barrel and fire up is my get away from work.......

Philip_G

Chief Petty Officer

I saw a like thread on another forum & thought it'd be interesting to see where you guys work on my favorite site.

I've been managing movie theatres for over half my life. Recently transferred to this location & love it...

IMG_0303.jpg

I worked as a projectionist for several years at a 10 plex when I was in college, I miss it some days.
I've thought about applying around locally part time just to be back into it but never find the time, plus I think most theaters don't have just projectionists anymore I guess.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

This is one of the projects we were on a couple years ago. This community had finally got power in, in the form of a big generator. They had a microwave shot into the village, and we built the telecom infrastructure.

This is the Nemaiah Valley
P1000106.jpg

These are the guys hanging cable drops into the houses
LeighWayne.jpg

This is us heading home, the bridge is over the Fraser River heading to Williams Lake, (Puddle Jumper should recognize this real well!)
FraserBridgepanorama-1.jpg